We need YOU!!!

H

HalcyonStables

Second Chance Horse Rescue Inc. is rapidly growing and developing bigger and better and we need YOU to help us! We require individuals that are passionate about horse welfare. We don't need you to be a certain age and we don't need you to have a certain amount of equine-related experience. Regardless of this we have a job for you to do!

We wish to further our Foster Carer base to help accomodate the increasing amount of needy equines we are being asked to care for. We get a very large range of requirements with our surrenders and we need more carers to help rehabilitate them as we hate to have to turn starving, frightened or injured animals away as we just do not have the room.

We also wish to expand our Field Officer base to lighten the load on those currently doing the job. We need more people in more areas that can assist with our cause and on rescue missions.

We need people passionate about the education of would-be and existing horse owners, we need people interested in assisting us to expand our services to the WA horses and horse loving community.

We need to extend our manpower (and womanpower!!) so we may achieve our goals in education, welfare and awareness for Equines in Western Australia.

We need project managers, committee members, regular members, volunteers and many of the projects in the works do not necessarily require a lot of equine knowledge but need skills in other areas.

We need people to assist with merchandise, printing, public relations, education, event coordination, fundraising, awareness raising and much, much more.

Please help us help equines like these to have their Second Chance at life.

Asha & Little Man, left starving for days and sometimes weeks at a time without hoof care, dental work or even Vet care. This foal would have dropped dead in the paddock from pnuemonia if it were not for us being in a position to help them. Asha is in foal again. Yes, she was BRED in this condition!!!

Cloud, abandoned

Ochre, one of a herd of horses that received no extra feed apart from what they could find in a paddock, without hoof, dental or Vet care even when injured and then abandoned to fend for themselves when their owner moved out.

Mystery, one of a herd of ponies abandoned and left without care, food and even water at the height of an Australian summer.

Duchess, suffering malnutrition, severe neglect of the hooves and multiple injuries. Abandoned in this condition.

Tsakani, originally surrendered in 'light on' condition and severely dehydrated as water was not made available to him and his companions. Currently undergoing rehabilitation for suspected violent abuse which has left him aggressively defensive, untrusting and with nerve damage in the muzzle.

Harmony, in foal and often left without food for days and even weeks at a time. She also suffered at the hands of some horrible individual in her past and is undergoing intensive rehabilitation to earn back her trust and to find the sweet mare we get glimpses of under that defensive, aggressive exterior.

We need YOU. Yes, you.

Western Ranch

We want to help.
Tales of the Trail Western Ranch will offer you a 6 week training programm for FREE. This will include agistment, 2 hard feed a day plus hay, fresh water, individual paddock, 5 days of training per week and lots of love and affection. You can send any horse you think will benefit from starting, training or re-education. We are looking forward to our new student.

R

Remaani

Asha & Little Man, left starving for days and sometimes weeks at a time without hoof care, dental work or even Vet care. This foal would have dropped dead in the paddock from pnuemonia if it were not for us being in a position to help them. Asha is in foal again. Yes, she was BRED in this condition!!!

Whats sad with this case (i know the mare very well) is this girl was "saved" in July 2007. Her condition was reasonable bad, but not as bad as what she is, in the pic above. I saw her & she was looking good, for a neglected horse.
But to be neglected AGAIN by her "saviour"??!!??!! #( In such a small amount of time (months). Sickening.
I do wonder where my mare's sister is, she was in the same home. :(

Sickening for all the horses treated like this. :(

Spider n Toby

Gold Member
I also would like to help.

The chocolate boxes go like hot cakes at school and I'm happy to do the rounds at school with some chocolate boxes to help fundraise!?**)

Lily

I would also like to help. I would be happy to offer a superbling browband voucher for you to raffle or use as a major prize for something. :)*

H

HalcyonStables

Many, many thanks to those of you who have offered your help, your contributions are very much valued. I will be in touch with all of you.

But we still need more, there's plenty left to do!

equus

Anything I can do from Albany? Couldn't take on any horses but I'm happy to do anything else.

H

HalcyonStables

One more thing that we really do need is educators. Experienced horse people that are willing to assist by putting some education into some of our horses and ponies. Basic education goes a long way to help rehome a horse and there are so few of us within SC able to do this work and too many horses needing it!

Having additional educators will help place horses into new homes much more quickly thus allowing more spaces to be open to the needy horses we are regularly being asked to take.

little_welsh

I can also donate a browband voucher for this cause. for you to raffle off or something
i couldnt take on any more horses though sorry.

paintedhoney

i so desperately want to help, but with a small property and small kids i cant take any on. although when my kids are grown i would love to be a "foster mum" to as many as needed. You are a wonderful organisation i would love to do anything to help

highrail2

I can offer temp care for up to 6 horses for short periods of time, ie: if you need to remove up to that number of horses urgently & need somewhere safe for them for a week or 2 until foster homes are organised I'm happy to house them:) I can only offer for that period of time as they would be housed in the second stable block ( walk in walk out ) & I don't think it would be fair to keep them in that situation long term.
Also I can offer the occasional horse/galloway education on the flat,bushriding etc, I do educate horses under saddle for clients & would be happy to offer to help out with the occasional rescue horse:)
Alternatively if you need to remove a number of horses from somewhere at one time we have a truck that carries 6 & I'm happy to do pick ups:)*

Dudette

Second Chance is a fantastic group run by so few. You should all be very proud of the successes you have had. I understand there are many you are unable to save but many appreciate what you do for the ones you have rescued. Sadly I am overloaded with my own, 5 on 4.4 acres, but I won't sell them for the very reason I am so scared they will end up like the horses SC rescue. If you have a fund raiser, raffle tickets to sell, please contact me. I am happy to help.

Coz

I would be more than happy to help. Cant take on any horses, as I live in suburbia, but would love to help out in other ways. Will PM you shortly

H

HalcyonStables

Thanks again to everyone, I have PM'd/answered PM's from everyone now. Hope to see you soon :)

mochaminx

I would love to help, if I could, but will tell you straight up I have not had any experience with neglected/mistreated horses, so dont know of what use I could be! Likewise I dont have enough room to take any on, but if you can think of anything I might be useful for I would be happy to help if I could.

Cheeki

Gold Member
Hey - I'd like to help as well! I Don't have the property (At the moment) to take on another horse, but I might possibley in a few months. If there is anything I can do - I will try my best to help out :) You've done so much for the horse community.

horseygirl74

I could help with paddocks?

Hi, I could probably help with fostering - how does it work?
I rent a place on 7 acres in Cardup and am allowed 5 horses on the property. There is plenty of shade and grass but no stables. Most of the paddocks are about a quarter of an acre each and are fully reticulated. I have 3 of my own (all who were rescue horses) and have been a foster carer for dogs (now own one of the dogs I fostered).

Top Bottom