Teeth straightening

Raw Prawn

Has anyone here had any experience with teeth straightening as an adult?

My lower incisors have always been overcrowded and although cosmetically they are not a problem, the teeth being pushed back are starting to ache and its getting much worse as I get older.

Please share your experiences or expertise :D

simbin

Gold Member
OMG I cant stop laughing. All I saw was teeth straightening and vet and though how bloody ridiculous who wants to straighten their horses teeth. PMSL

chavi

My mum has had invisalign braces put on at age 52, they are working very well. She has another year left before they come off (18 months total) but she is happy with them.

And one of my bridesmaids had braces put on last year when she was 25 and she also gets hers off next year.

Eoroe

Gold Member
Their are many ways of going about straightening teeth - speaking to a Dentist , who will then refer you to an orthodontist would be your start **)

Depending on whether you have your wisdom teeth through already, 1. They may be present and erupting (coming through) and this is causing even more crowding, 2. at the age of early to mid 20's (I dont know how old you are!), the lower jaw of a female shrinks (no kidding) and this often causes crowding, or even more if you already had it.
You may even have both things happening at the same time that will exacerbate the existing situation even more.

Private health cover can be handy if you would like orthodontic treatment **)

Often the orthodontic treatment as and adult can take a little bit longer to complete - as your growth rate is slowed, and bone resorption and reformation is slower, their fore taking a bit longer to 'move' the teeth. This is usually only a few months or so. It does depend on the individual.

All the best **)

justanothergirl

I looked into the invisalign braces not so long ago, but without any private healthcare it wasn't quite within my reach at the time. I liked the idea that they were clear and not visible to anyone. Even though there is nothing dramatically wrong with my teeth it is just something that niggles at me. Although I think once I finish some studies it will be something I will look into again. :)

TB4Me

I had my front teeth straightened at 23, I have an overbite so if I wanted my teeth to stop moving around my options were braces or an operation to break my jaw and reset it. I said uhhh....braces please!
My orthodontist said that Invisalign is very expensive and only good for minor corrections but I'm sure opinions would differ with other people.
If you have private health cover, get a list of their 'preferred' people, it will cost a lot less.
I got used to the braces pretty quickly, they didn't hurt much but then I only had them on my top teeth, braces on all your teeth could be a bit more challenging.

valentindu34

My mum has had invisalign braces put on at age 52, they are working very well. She has another year left before they come off Garde Meubles Marseille (18 months total) but she is happy with them.

And one of my bridesmaids had braces put on last year when she was 25 and she also gets hers off next year.
But the concern, it is especially the maintenance of this kind of device I find.

Top Bottom