Tainted Photographics is no longer.

skiddlez

Gold Member
I'm giving up my hobby if trying to be a photographer, there it too much competition out there and i cant compare so im giving it up and trying something else. If anyone wants a camera let me know mine is going.

angelTricia

Honestly SVA I dont think you should give up Im a photographer as well and I dont get alot of jobs but I do it because I love it that should be the main thing behind your passion before money most of my photography is for me if I get asked to do a photoshoot then thats a bonus and I get paid for it.

Dont let the fact that your not getting many jobs put you off especially if its something you ejoy

megan

sva your pics are some of the best i have seen in long time dont give up. maybe go to shows take pics and that sell them.
you are talented

OBHH

You state that it is a HOBBY??? why dont you continue to make it a hobby. A hobby is just that, a hobby, its not a paid job or something that earns you a living or makes you famous. Its something that you should enjoy and get the utmost pleasure out of.
If it makes you happy, continu doing it in your spare time.:D Dont give it away.

skiddlez

Gold Member
im just struggling soo soo bad right now and i need all the money i can get, i cant even get a simple bloomin job at a servo.... im just having a mental shatter. Its all getting to much not having any money. I have thrown out some flyers to a couple of houses out where i am if nothing catches im going to have to quit. I just dont have the money to try and go out to shows and not get paid, i cant PF about no more.

Lily

sva can you look into doing some stock photography? I have never done it from your side, but I have spent plenty of money purchasing stock photography in my job as a graphic designer.

You take great shots, dont give up. You have a really good eye!

In some of my previous jobs we have paid a lot of money (up to $500 for one pic from memory) for stock photography. The kinds of things we bought were really random, depending on the brief for that job, but to give you an idea, a knife and fork, a christmas bauble, a candle, a racing car all blurred with motion, an open umbrella, two hands in a handshake, a child holding a parent's hand from the back. All of these thigns you can do without costing you anything to go anywhere or set anything up.

What I dont know is where you can sell them. We used to use photodisc in the main to purchase photography, we spent many many thousands of dollars each year on photography, so do some research and see if you can find a way into that market maybe? I'm sure you could also do aheap of horse related stuff, if a business was looking for a generic 'dressage' pic or a 'hoof' shot for advertising, where would they buy it from? Could it be you?

Talkingshell

Just a thought that you only just started doing it for less than year?

It took me nearly 2 years to get my business to where I am today with Horsey Happy Snaps Photographics, believe me it's not easy but you need to get out there and promote yourself. That is what I did, took 2 years for people to notice me and comment my photography work!

Lauren

Gold Member
Sara, how is your business meant to bloom when their is NO advertisement for it and your website is empty.

You went to like 2 horse shows that i know off..
You need to go to lots..

You can't buy pics off your website anyway so if people wana buy pics they can't.
I looked at buying pics off you from Pinjarra.. but decided against it.. i couldn't view all my photos as they are not on your website and no offence but the other photographers that were their did have a propper website with all the pics i could view.. so decided to go with them lol.

If photography is what you love don't give up.

skiddlez

Gold Member
i would set up a proper website but i have no knowledge of doing it and i just wish i knew someone whom could help me.... Look im giving it my last shot. And lauren as a stated before i cant go out to all these horse shows due to the fact i dont have the fuel to PF about with.

Dashbabe

I think Naughtydog63 sets up websites for people. she did Duncanpratts, and i think she may be the one who uploads all his photos to it as well?

She does a great job, Duncans sight is easy to find your way around and get to events ect. May be worth PM'ing her for prices ect if you want to make money out of photos.

angelTricia

I could help you out with a website if you like and show you how to upload your photos and everything else your internet provider should give you x amount of webspace so you can use that for your website.

Im not a professional web designer but I think I did ok with my site

IbanezGirl

sara my advice is to get some webdesign books and start tinkering around. you dont need to know how to build from scratch (though it helps alot) you can start off with a simple free template and work fom there.

photographers need to know how to modify there website as getting a webmatser to do it will cost you by the hour.

but i guess it all depends if this is a business or just a hobby.

skiddlez

Gold Member
yeah well a mate i know i found out he does web hosting.... might see if he could set one up for me....

Magic Moon

Irrespective of what you decide at this stage, do not sell your camera. You have an excellent brand in the Pentax, and you would certainly not receive what it is worth if you sell it. If you do decide to not continue with the photography, which like the others, I encouage you not to do, there is every chance you will want to take it up again in several months time.
Best of luck.

skiddlez

Gold Member
Magic moon, well thats what mum said. At the time i was so frustrated i just didnt know what to do. I have decided on keeping it as i come to realize after my spack attack that mum was right. As mum usually are.

Also shadowkat, i recently did a course doing a partial Cert II in Business Services. Which was the MYOB Version 18 Premier 2.

If you dont know what MYOB is, its a program to run a business. Sales, buying, quote, payrolls, you name it for the accounting. So hopefully with that under my belt I may pick up a job easier.

Talkingshell

Just a thought that you only just started doing it for less than year?

It took me nearly 2 years to get my business to where I am today with Horsey Happy Snaps Photographics, believe me it's not easy but you need to get out there and promote yourself. That is what I did, took 2 years for people to notice me and comment my photography work!

Forgot to add something.....I am hearing impaired, meaning I am totally deaf...smash or CMSporthorse or KC QH can vouch for me that even smashie could understand me sometimes but requiring me to have pen and paper to write but CMSporthorse and KC could understood me the whole time, so didn't need pen and paper to write. So I am guessing some people just understand me completely and others can't.

For me to get into photography wasn't easy to begin with but I was determined and plugged away for nearly two years without giving up even my hubby thought it won't last, well I proved my hubby wrong. My photography has become successful and people knows I am deaf and gets in contact with me via emails to get me out for photos at their events.

So please don't say it's too hard..especially I am deaf, you can hear and you can talk and you can get out and say hello without any problems...as people who heard me talking would probably run a mile, yes it has happen, it did not affect me but that is their problem not me.

There was one lady in particular wanted a photographer to photograph her dressage and she didn't want me but other photographer (there were 2 photographers at event). I was just being polite to her and say that's fine....good luck! Then what happened was she tracked down to find me via email and said would like to order ALL the photos that I took...and I made $160 out of her. I think she felt bad that she just practically wiped me and was wanting other photographer LOL....it shows that some people need to stop and think before saying things like that.

And again please stop complaining about having no fuel or no money or whatever you always have said... stop belittling yourself.

Have a good Christmas and stay safe into 2010.

Last edited:

Lexie

Forgot to add something.....I am hearing impaired, meaning I am totally deaf...smash or CMSporthorse or KC QH can vouch for me that even smashie could understand me sometimes but requiring me to have pen and paper to write but CMSporthorse and KC could understood me the whole time, so didn't need pen and paper to write. So I am guessing some people just understand me completely and others can't.

For me to get into photography wasn't easy to begin with but I was determined and plugged away for nearly two years without giving up even my hubby thought it won't last, well I proved my hubby wrong. My photography has become successful and people knows I am deaf and gets in contact with me via emails to get me out for photos at their events.

So please don't say it's too hard..especially I am deaf, you can hear and you can talk and you can get out and say hello without any problems...as people who heard me talking would probably run a mile, yes it has happen, it did not affect me but that is their problem not me.

There was one lady in particular wanted a photographer to photograph her dressage and she didn't want me but other photographer (there were 2 photographers at event). I was just being polite to her and say that's fine....good luck! Then what happened was she tracked down to find me via email and said would like to order ALL the photos that I took...and I made $160 out of her. I think she felt bad that she just practically wiped me and was wanting other photographer LOL....it shows that some people need to stop and think before saying things like that.

And again please stop complaining about having no fuel or no money or whatever you always have said... stop belittling yourself.

Have a good Christmas and stay safe into 2010.

Yes SVAA, people are in waaaay worse scenarios, TS is someone to look up to :)

Try and get through the "rough" patch, and hopefully you can get a website set up and you can start to become commercial, dont give up as soon as something starts to go pear shaped.
Goodluck

DuncanPratt

SVA666, anything worth doing is not easy so don't give up if you have the talent.

If people gave up when times were a little difficult there would be no:
Richard Branson
Lucinda Green (Trying to get a horse related name in)
Nelson Mandela
Barrack Obama
and many many more.

Photography is fun and it is slightly easier for me to say but sometimes you have to take the chance and find the money to go to an event to be able to take the photos. If you aren't there you definitely can't take the photos to sell.

Good luck with it.

springbok

SVA666, anything worth doing is not easy so don't give up if you have the talent.

If people gave up when times were a little difficult there would be no:
Lucinda Green (Trying to get a horse related name in) I think it's Be Fair (love that book :) ).

No more to add to this thread other than ... You don't have to get money out of photography to justify and more importantly enjoy it ;) .

Top Bottom