STB bloodlines - exceptional (or not) temperaments

BellaSkip

My horses have been The Raffis, Nero's Son and Armbro Intercept.

My raffi gelding is superb, lovely nature, lovely movement, usually great to handle. Nero's son gelding was a bit spooky otherwise great, bit slow in the learning department, but one he got it, he got it. Armbro mare was excellent.

Have worked with an Orange Sovereign mare, she was terrific, great looks, great movement, great conformation. she went on to being a eventer after retirement.
Praised Dignity gelding, very nervy, but gave his all when working. Looked very light almost flimsy and was tall, great conformation, excellent movement.
Nero's Son mare, very laid back, hard to get working, sold to a pleasure home.
Resurgent Dragon filly.....a terror. beautiful looking, great conformation, very quick.
Explorador mare- beautiful nature, great to handle, tried so hard to please, great movement, great conformation.
Magic Fella gelding- was good while in hand, then turned into a demon. Had to use a pace horse when training him. but could then be saddled and ridden by a 7year old.
Falcon Seelster stallion. Beautiful nature, pleasure to handle, great movement, great conformation. Fantastic to ride, a gentleman in every way. RIP Charlous Falcon.

Gaia

Gold Member
Satinover was the worst temperamented Standy I ever saw.
He through some lovely looking foals but they weren't nice animals. Cantankerous and a little unpredictable.
I can remember one stunning black filly of his. Absolutely beautiful to look at but the beauty was only skin deep.

There was a horse out showing with us (i think his owner is a member) who was a Satinover. Stunning stunning horse to look at but was quite tempremental.
What about Million To One KP? I have had a couple come through and they have all seemed to be very very sweet natured. Ash's sire was Million To One and while he was the sweetest horse, I'm not sure I would discribe Ash as sweet lol.
Safetly Kepts seem to have good canters. :)

Lokenzo

Gold Member
My Mystical Prince was beautiful to look at and beautiful in temperament. The only common thing I have seen with them is they can be short in the neck.

Gaia

Gold Member
Nero's Son mare, very laid back, hard to get working, sold to a pleasure home.
Resurgent Dragon filly.....a terror. beautiful looking, great conformation, very quick.
Out of the 2 Nero Son mares that I have known, both have had exceptional fronts on them including great looking heads.
My agister is a Resurgent Dragon and she is a great bodied little mare, but when she gets a bee in her bonnet she is a terror lol.
I have yet to meet a Parsons Den with a set of straight legs on them.Nice looking horses tho.

kp

Had a couple of Million To Ones and liked them. Rode all of them in the bush. Super quiet, comfy ride. All had good canters.

Bred a Nero Son, but passed him on as a young horse, don't see many around. Must say that he seemed a nice horse when I saw him out and about. Says something for the stallion as the colts she threw were all horrible, actually dangerous.

Bred a Raffi out of an absolute troll of a mare. He was lovely, just couldn't run.

Found the Prince Of Golds to be a bit strange, one was very silly. The other had it in him, especially at home. But take him away from home and he was a sensational horse to deal with. He does pony club now.

Like my Life Signs. Reliable horses. Never heard anyone say anything bad about there temperaments.

I actually had Charlous Falcon for a while. It was just after he finished serving mares. Must say I was impressed by his temperament. He did have his moments, but settled down really nicely. Always thought he would make an awesome gelding. Must say I always thought he was dumpy to look at as far as conformation went.

Golden Greeks seemed alright, although could be a bit piggy when it came to doing work. Quiet, sensible horses though.

The naughtiest horse I ever came across was by Walton Hanover. But one the best horses I ever came across was also by Walton Hanover. One of ours was an exceptional saddle horse. They all seemed to have excellent work ethics and just generally nice horses to deal with (except the naughty one).

kp

Had two. He was a very popular and successful stallion for many years. One of mine could buck with the best of them. The other was an absolute gent. Lovely horse. I remember saddle breaking him. There aren't to many that don't even flinch. He was one of them. Just got straight on and took him straight out into the bush.

Caroline

Does anyone have progeny of Caprock (USA)? We have a 4yr old by him, and this fella has the sweetest nature and true show looks! We have come across a few others by him, and they seem to all have that awesome temperament and looks also.:D:))

kp

I've had one. He was lovely. Have heard that they can be a bit hot though. But sometimes they are a bit hot as racehorses, and then settle down really well once retired when feed and workload are reduced.

Lokenzo

Gold Member
Caroline, I am a big fan of Caprock but never been lucky enough to own anything by him. Have you seen the stallion himself? Absolutely stunning!

Gaia

Gold Member
Does anyone have progeny of Caprock (USA)? We have a 4yr old by him, and this fella has the sweetest nature and true show looks! We have come across a few others by him, and they seem to all have that awesome temperament and looks also.:D:))

I have only come across a couple of Caprocks but all have been nice looking horses.

Freestyle

I've had one. He was lovely. Have heard that they can be a bit hot though. But sometimes they are a bit hot as racehorses, and then settle down really well once retired when feed and workload are reduced.

Yep I agree about Caprock. i've got a 4 yr old mare by him. She's pretty hot and likes to be on the move. She just doesn't stand still. We're hoping that she matures after a spell and comes back a little more laid back so she can win a few races. She's very pretty though!

I've also got an Ultimate Falcon filly and she has so much attitude. She'll kick your head off if given half a chance. Stunning filly and a super mover. It seems to be very common that these filly's have issues - judging by the trading ring of late!

I have to disagree with the parsons dens though, The ones I have had have been so pig-headed and stubborn! Bad knee-knockers too.

The crouch I had was lovely. I also worked with crouch himself while he was with Rod Chambers. He was lovely!! They tend to have very ordinary necks though.

Ace

Found the Presidential Ball's I've had to be nervous horses. Ours have had a good work ethic, if anything they tended to want to over do it. Loved the mare we had, tough as old boots. She had a bad injury to her knee, she tolerated everything we did to her without ever once flinching. Lovely mare. The gelding was very highly strung and nervous. But still tried to please. He seemed to drive himself nuts trying to please so much. He was frustrating at times, just trying to get him to chill a bit. Just had another come in. Seems to be pretty similar to the other two. Two were fairly solid horses, the other was very much like your boy, Ace. Despite their nerves I do like them, no buck, bolt, spook, rear, and also good on the ground.

Great thanks for that :)

Harley is pretty laid back about most things except food, he is such a pig about it and get get quite pushy. He is generally not a spooky horse though, the last few weeks I have only managed to ride in windy weather on the bridle paths and he has been quite spooky but I think he is not used to having so much more to look at.

kp

Yep I agree about Caprock. i've got a 4 yr old mare by him. She's pretty hot and likes to be on the move. She just doesn't stand still. We're hoping that she matures after a spell and comes back a little more laid back so she can win a few races. She's very pretty though!

I've also got an Ultimate Falcon filly and she has so much attitude. She'll kick your head off if given half a chance. Stunning filly and a super mover. It seems to be very common that these filly's have issues - judging by the trading ring of late!

I have to disagree with the parsons dens though, The ones I have had have been so pig-headed and stubborn! Bad knee-knockers too.

The crouch I had was lovely. I also worked with crouch himself while he was with Rod Chambers. He was lovely!! They tend to have very ordinary necks though.

Wil have to agree with the Ultimate Falcon's. The one we had was a complete nut case. Scared of his own shadow and piggy with it. Liked to jib and was generally just down right difficult. Found the Mystical Shark's to be very much the same.

wascallywabbit

hi guys. Just wondering if anyone knows anything bout the stallion Trev Leo? I dont think he was overly successful but he did alright. My friend has a gelding by him.

kp

Trev Leo didn't have a huge amount of oppurtunity at stud. But did have some success from these limited oppurtunities. I've never had one and never really heard anything about them. From memory Trev Leo was by Racy Prince. Racy Prince was a very successful stallion going back a few years ago. His progeny were known for being a bit hot headed.

BellaSkip

just reading a book about village kid, was wondering if any of Black Irish's progeny are still mentioned in breedings?

I know from HRA that he had 122, but thats as far as i can go. Would love to know if anyone can help. :)

kp

I think there is a horse out of a Black Irish mare being offered at the sale tomorrow.

BellaSkip

wow. that would be awesome to own a Black Irish related horse. I hope it goes to the tracks and does as well as Irish did, but hope it doesnt get Irish's leg problems.

amber sunday

Also not a fan of Iraklis as a sire. Found my ones, especially one of them, to be piggy horses.
hehe i love iraklis progeny. work with one at the moment (and two or three in the past)
and he is the sweetest little horse, not overly cuddly but will try his absolute little heart out :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom