standardbred brand

nag

hi guys usually i deal with TB's but posting this for a friend she just got a Standardbred mare but would like to know how old she is plus any history for her will post pic of brand shortly need to upload thanx in advance

nag

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

kp

The first symbol is unclear so I took a guess and assumed she was born in WA. Which would translate her brand to 660463. She was born in 1986, is unraced. By Racy Prince, who was a very successful stallion back when she was born, out of a Massie mare. Massie did manage to leave his mark as a broodmare sire. Her registered name is Sporting Affair. You can find further information at www.harness.org.au

nag

she doesn't look 22 kp we looked at her teeth and front teeth look young and when she runs around she paces so pressumed she has raced do you know the site that has the symbols

kp

The single line with a line under it brand was phased out many years ago. It would be highly unusual for her to younger than this. I can't remember when it was phased out. As I was very young at the time. If you unsure I translated the symbols of </title> d> <title> . As the first symbol was unclear, I assumed she was born in WA so put a 6 in for the first symbol. How long have you had her for?

kp

I just looked up some of the horses my parents have bred over the years and the best I can tell is that 1986 was the last time the single line brand was used. What was she bought for and how old were they told she is? Sometimes there teeth look short as they are very worn due to many years of living stictly on pasture. She has had 6 registered foals, none with a great deal of success. Her first foal was born in 1990, making her 4 at the time. She is a lucky horse to have found a second life after her moderate success as a broodmare.

nag

i can't find anything what site you on lol do you know what year the other foals were born or even a stud might help with info sorry for the q's i've only had TB lol

kp

Go to articles or links and scroll down to "how to read a standardbred brand" on the second site I put up. This will give the translation for the symbols. To find out information about her. Go to the first site I put up, go to racing and you want the horse search (HRA on-line). You can type in her translated brand or her registered name. It will give you any racing information she has and about her breeding.

When looking at a single line brand the first symbol will give you the state of registration. WA is 6. It is the same number as the first number of that states post code. The second symbol will give you the last number for the year of birth. So a 6 could be 76, 86 etc. The next four numbers is the number foal she was. The brands with two lines are a little bit different. But still gives the same information.

Standardbred brands can be confusing to look at, but can provide a lot of information once translated.

painter

My standy mare was born in 1990 and has two rows of symbols (not underlined). Despite the fact that my girl had been neglected for the past comple of years, after six months care her teeth, feet and general appearance are that of a much younger horse, so it could very well be this mare is 22 and not look it.

nag

kp we clipped that first letter brand back and definitley looks like 6 you can just see little bits of white and pale skin of brand iron

Top Bottom