Soring - don't know what to say

horse girl Jess

How disgusting that it still goes on :( 52 of 52 horses swabbed came back positive for soring agents. How can that be explained? Just disgusting!

Sugar's Mum

Gold Member
it breaks my heart that people can treat any animal in this way.

How are those horses not insane with teh treatment they have recieved?

horse girl Jess

I suppose it becomes a matter of learned helplessness. If they get hit or hurt often enough and fighting or shying away does nothing then some just give up. I suppose the ones that don't are probably euthanised because they become dangerous. Very sad :(

Brew

I think we would have to be some kind of idiot to think that only walking horses are treated like this ! It is about time that cruelty is adressed and if they do so in the states maybe we can follow

horse girl Jess

I think we would have to be some kind of idiot to think that only walking horses are treated like this ! It is about time that cruelty is adressed and if they do so in the states maybe we can follow
I wasn't aware that we had walking horse competitions here (at least not in WA). Are there many? I couldn't imagine it happening here and certainly hope it doesn't! I wouldn't have though there was enough prize money to encourage people to do the wrong thing.

jgs

Sorry just could not watch videoe all the way felt sick anyone who could beat a horse in the face should be shot

Firedance

Don't be sorry - I couldn't either - pray to God these people stay over there and don't even come here on holidays. Like we need their outlook on how to treat animals.

sil

Gold Member
I wasn't aware that we had walking horse competitions here (at least not in WA). Are there many? I couldn't imagine it happening here and certainly hope it doesn't! I wouldn't have though there was enough prize money to encourage people to do the wrong thing.

We have Tennessee Walking Horses in Australia; they are lovely horses with gorgeous natural gaits.

It doesn't happen here (the Big Lick classes, soring etc). That abuse is only in America.

B

Bunnies

I'd like to meet "well known walking horse trainer Jackie McConnell" so that I could give him some of his own treatment - I wonder how high he'd step with a soring agent on his "gentleman's area"??!

miniequine

soring

I have gathered heaps pages and photos from the net and made lots of copies a lot that I sent to Oprah thinking that as she was just here she may be interested enough to do something,anything, wrong! no answer.
I also sent the same to Martine Clunes [englishman who has just been elected to chief [can't think of his title] But he is now the [ President of all horse related issues in England] again no answer
If I need to refer back to my notes,pictures relating to soring it makes me feel visibly sick so I don't and that makes me sick that I feel sick as some of the graphics are soul destroying. In my opinion these people must be sick in their minds to do these things to their beautiful horses.
The worst for me is the barns with lights off and doors shut and posted no entry so people can't hear the horses laying in their stalls moaning.
Can't say more as it is bringing back more memories.

Firedance

Fugly and Snarky Rider are getting stuck into them - hooray we have them to reach so many people about this.

miniequine

soring

At last the humane society of the USA ARE DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT... NOT before time!!!
I hope they ban all of them trainers,owners etc and hit their pockets HARD.
I just hope none of them [owners trainers] END UP HERE.
The graphics of the pictures and video clips are not for the faint hearted to look at as they would make even strong hearted feel sick.
Thats all I have to say except seeing the last horse saved from this torture can't happen fast enough for me...

carol51

I'd like to meet "well known walking horse trainer Jackie McConnell" so that I could give him some of his own treatment - I wonder how high he'd step with a soring agent on his "gentleman's area"??!

ime with you these people that can abuse any animal in any way are not right in the head they make me sick and the people that watch are just as bad in my mind

Top Bottom