Saddle reviews

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Bon & Ted, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Shandeh

Shandeh Well-known Member

So after a very fun day yesterday picking up my saddle and having a lovely lesson on an amazing horse I had my first ride in my Kieffer. I am officially in love. The fit isn't perfect on Magic but it is very close, just needs the gullet adjusted and a tiny bit of flocking moved. I know what needs doing just not how to do it properly and I don't have the equipment so saddle fitter it is. Once I have some money.

But the one big thing I'm noticing is that I have been riding in a horrible chair seat and the Kieffer Wien isn't allowing me to do that. It will only be better once it's fitted to Magic and perfectly balanced on her back! I've only ridden in it for about 5 minutes but I can feel the burn and this is a very good thing! A good saddle combined with lessons with a good instructor will set us on the right track for sure.

2. finding_nemo

finding_nemo Active Member

Which Keiffer did you like Shandeh

3. Shandeh

Shandeh Well-known Member

Kieffer Wien, nemo :)

Best saddle. It's a leg workout and a half but that's a GOOD thing, once I'm used to it my position will be a LOT better than it has been! Puts me in the best position and my horse adores it. And there's plenty of wither clearance, allowing for hers to keep growing - which it probably will!

4. finding_nemo

finding_nemo Active Member

Looking at a new jumping saddle for x country. Has anyone ridden in or own a Ascot Crossover and if so what are you opinions.

5. realalvin

realalvin New Member

Excellent! It is so useful!:)

6. realalvin

realalvin New Member

well,for my TB I have this wardrobe :
    2 x Mediumweight with and without a neck (both Harrison Howard)
    2 x Heavyweight with and without a neck (Mark Todd and Rambo - very good but very expensive brand)

7. realalvin

realalvin New Member

I don't like the bad quality of Riviera Monaco too. their rugs a bit too big on my pony, so tend to need a size smaller than usual.
    Horseware/Harrison Howard and Bucas rugs fit ok, but i found that they are too tight over the withers.
    I have a HH stable rug and it fits quite nicely, so did a HH turnout i tried on him recently.

8. Harney Stone Racing

Harney Stone Racing New Member

I think saddle fit of leather is the best saddle for the Trail Horses.