Rider Fitness

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Halligan, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Halligan

Halligan Well-known Member

Hi all, yes for sure, is a weekday or weekend better? I could do first thing sat mornings at say 8 or Sunday morning same time or in the arvo at around 4?
    If a weekday is better let me know and will see what times I can get out there for :D

2. Brew

Brew Well-known Member

I'll ask everybody this end and thankyou !!
    Some very nervous people here - Be nice !!!!!!!!

3. Halligan

You know me I'm always nice :) first session is always bout assessing everyone individual needs, seeing where they are and what they want to get out of each session :)

4. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

Id love to come along to a class as well - but just dont have the time to travell the few hundred kms :p

I bought myself a Pilates DVD the other week - and a mat, and a ball, and a giant hair lacky thing :p I started last night - and wow!

During it, it was damm hard to focus on what to do, and it exposed some serious weekness (serioustly soft core section - lol) But It felt fairly passive.
    After doing It however, it felt like I had been stretched from top to toe, I am very impressed.

And I really enjoyed spending the time just doing it for myself :)

I then finished up with a Yoga session..... and had the best sleep I have had in weeks **)

I highly reccomend it - or whatever stretching strengthening you can do.....It felt really good :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  5. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

un-committed hehe *#);)

stretching is great! Been meaning to do yoga classes but no time. so awesome for everything.

I would be interesting in a weekday thing in Midland :p

6. Brew

Brew Well-known Member

Hey -If we have to sweat you do to ( Yuk -hate keep fit but need it to ride better)
    NO CAMERAS No nlackmail shots and all are sworn to secrecy when we make idiots of ourselves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

better start running then :p

Will bring a secret concealed camera to take photos of the elusive Brew EXCERCISING!!! *#)

8. Omega Conquest

Omega Conquest Well-known Member

i will be the one falling over my own feet :p how imbarassing lol

9. shadowkat

shadowkat Well-known Member

I do a Pilates class at work, and it always makes me super-sleepy for the rest of the day.

10. Halligan

Hey brew, all's fair in love and war! My
    first jumping session in about a year, and maybe 4th ride in a year and you're out there with your camera... Might have to bring mine to your first session hehe xxx ;)

11. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

im in im in im in im in!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

12. Halligan

Woohoo! Go kass! :)

13. pso

pso Gold Member

How many riders would be interested in rider stretch classes? (not fitness as such- though both together help LOL) To help deal with suppleness and pain issues?

14. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

*eoroe waves hands in air *

Me PSO!!! (in Wagin right? :p)

15. Tempo

Tempo Well-known Member

Completely off topic - but very glad you chose my idea of Freeform Fitness as a name Halligan!
    It looks awesome and I LOVE your logo **)
    Best of luck, hope you're literally run off your feet :p

16. Brew

Brew Well-known Member

Somebody told me you had a chamber with a rack !!!!

17. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

And the problem with that ..is...????

*#)

18. pso

pso Gold Member

pfft- who told? Not many have seen that :p

19. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

hey PSO.. nice rack!! WOOWOOO!! *#)

20. Brew

Brew Well-known Member

Pretty hard to keep secrets round the horse world !!!

You riding at the champs this weekend ???