Pinto/Roan/Dilute Standardbreds?

kp

I think there have been a handful of successful ones (EVP and/or KP can verify) but i think they are far and few between. I find it extemely hard to think you could breed for a colour AND have a successful race horse at the same time. The ones that have have probably been pot luck. There is a stud in Queensland that breed coloured pacers from a stallion that is Homowhatsits, but not sure on his record. Personally he isn't my cup of tea :) Oh have just had a look at the website and he has been sold
Australian Skewbald Racing Stables - Leading skewbald Standardbreds producer in Australia

I think the coloured racing is much bigger in England and Ireland.

There hasn't been a decent pinto standardbred race in WA for a long long time. The ones I can think of that raced were very ordinary indeed. I can think of three in the last few years. Rorschach(sp) did okay in Queensland before being sold overseas. There was one in the 60's I think that did well. But that is a long time ago now.

Haven't seen a roan race over here for a long time. There were a few that went okay. There was a pretty smart mare running around in Melbourne a few years back.

There are few decent greys going around. A very nice grey won last night. They have also won the derbies and gold nuggets over here in the last few years. There was also a very nice grey horse that was running around in cups class races in New Zealand a few years ago.

Personally I can't see the point in breeding a standardbred solely for colour. The majority of coloured standardbreds are average at best.

DesignedToNv

Hey, does anyone have any pinto, roan, or dilute standardbreds (pictures would be amazing!)? I, myself, have a pretty bay mare, but I've never seen a pinto, roan, or dilute standardbred (anyone know if a few are for sale?). Also, is there any pinto/roan/dilute standardbred sires? - I was thinking about breeding my bay mare, but I want to get a flashy baby since the baby would be shown.. not raced.

Thanks!
I have a pinto standardbred mare called NV

Top Bottom