PetPlan screw up again

Que Sera Sera

So changed bank accounts. Rang them, told them. They start taking money out of new account.

Suddenly 3 months down the track they decide they want to take money out of the old account.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ali

Yep I'm with Petplan too, not had a problem with them yet but have read on here about various stuff ups that they have done :(

Que Sera Sera

Spoke to them this morning and they said that for some reason when the policy renews it is reverting back to the old bank account number on the system. Apparently Im not the first one its happened to and probably wont be the last.

Thank god there was money still left in the old account for it to go through.

Go the Distance

I have spent the last six weeks trying to organise insurance with petplan via phone, email and written documents and have finally given up. Going with another company now.

Sallie

Bloody Pet Plan hey Z..... about 6 months ago I had a loss of use pay out for one of my mares. The pay out had been approved however not paid out and while this was in progress the next years policy came out for this mare. I called to find out what was going as I received a new policy details for this mare, they confirmed it had just been sent by mistake.

A Few months later I was checking my bank statement and they had only been talking 1 horses monthly payment out ( I had 2 other horses insured) called up and they said I had asked them to cancel his policy. I am like please provide written details of this as I never had. Stupid company cancelled by Geldings policy along with the mares policy. Then they wanted me to get another vet check etc . I am like no way its your fault you cancelled it without my concent.

Anyway all sorted now but this company you need to keep watch. In all I am happy with their service but they are hard work.

Go the Distance

Petplan are completely useless. Today I get a dirty email from them stating that I owe them money for insuring my horse with them for over a month. No one ever got back to me from Petplan to state exactly how much it was going to cost for a years insurance for my gelding so I emailed them and told them I was no longer interested in insuring with them.

They now want $110 for one months insurance?!!!?? I had to email a letter to them to cancel a policy I had not taken out to start with.

Jonsie

Uh Oh this makes me really nervous!! I filled in all the details to insure a horse that i am leasing and when i submitted the form (over the net) it said that someone would get back to me within 2 days .... never heard anything and it has been almost 6 weeks (been too busy to call them about it!!)... nothing DD'd from my bank either but after hearing that i am worried that they will call and say that i owe for the 6 weeks that has elapsed since i submitted the form! Will def ring them now and see what is going on!!!!

Last edited:

Go the Distance

How did you go Jonsie? I would still get the horse insured with AIS like I did anyway. AIS send you paperwork within a few days so that you definately know it is insured. Petplan never sent me any paperwork either but 6 weeks later demanded money. Do not pay for a policy unless you have spoken to someone in person. Make sure they send you paperwork with a covering letter.

AIS are fantastic.

Sallie

Did you have to get your mare branded with petplans loss of use brand to be able to get your payout?

Yep Had to have her branded, sent in photos of her showing her brands and the brand etc and then received her payout shortly after. She is now fat and happy being a broodmare

Shiobhan

Im really hoping my claim will be fuss free got all my paperwork from the vet friday gone for moocows death claim. Sending in my paper work tomorrow once everything is copied a billion times so I dont lose anything.

Raw Prawn

Im really hoping my claim will be fuss free got all my paperwork from the vet friday gone for moocows death claim. Sending in my paper work tomorrow once everything is copied a billion times so I dont lose anything.

Im SO sorry to hear about your boy Shio. Saw the forms when I was working at the clinic on the weekend :-( Hope you are ok :(

So many insurance plans to choose from, need help please.....!!!

Hi, it has been really interesting reading all the comments on insurance and I need some help from someone who has experience in these matters.

I have just bought my daughter a WB (she lost her beautiful boy 2 yrs ago, so I decided it was time to get her back riding and showing. I first of all bought her a lovely TB 16.2 hh and now she has a 17.3hh WB who has just arrived from NSW.

With the beautiful WB we tragically lost, I did not even think to insure him #((how stupid looking back now because we spent over $35,000 trying to save him). I am now a little wiser :(:eek:, so need some real advice on who best to insure the WB gelding (6 yrs) with and also the Horseman Extended Float.

If you have any advice, I would gladly take it on board and look into all that is sent to me.

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to your comments!:)**)

Kind regards and cheers everyone, your comments helped my daughter get through her greiving process, which lasted a long time because she was so attached to him, his name was Harry by BBD Fortune an absolutely beautiful boy! :)

Cheers,

Katie Clarke-Callow

barragirl

Petplan being the most largely used horse insurance which covers vets bills and loss is always going to have some unhappy customers (unfortunately) as with any other service provider, some people with love them, some people will get messed around with.

I have found petplan to be ok, but they aren't fantastic with communication! I currently have my warmblood weanling and warmblood mare insured with them for vet bills up to $9k with $200 excess and insured for loss. I keep my fingers that I NEVER have to use my horse insurance.

We also have one of our dogs insured with them, she had to get $550 tooth operation done and I swiftly received my petplan refund from them :)*.

charlie lover

i have my filly insured with petplan and have nothing but positive things to say about them, especially after her developing a degenerative corneal ulcer and nearly losing her eye, they paid out $7000 worth of vet bills with no hassel. i am so glad i insured her with them it was the best decision i have ever made as if i had not, i do not know what would have happened to my filly.

maybe you are not dealing with the correct person!!

Last edited:

NorWester

I am confussed I thought Harry by BBD Fortune was owned by a family with the surname Herbert.

I have no idea on this issurance issue, however everything I own will be issured since I lost a good horse in 2007.

I go through Pet Plan for the horses and the dog maybe I should check bank accounts etc. to make sure everything is ticking away ok.

Jurahn

Petplan were OK at first when we had our two dogs and we made a couple of claims, then I don't know whether there was a change of management or something but things went rapidly downhill as far as administration, paperwork and communication - 3 things that Petplan have never been particularly good at anyway! Had a lot of frustrations with a policy not being cancelled when requested, policy renewals coming out with incorrect details on them (even though we hadn't changed anything) etc.

I finally pulled the plug with them a couple of years ago when my credit card had to be cancelled due to some fraudulent transactions being detected - unfortunately it happened right at the time of the month when direct debits all seem to come out. I frantically rang the companies concerned to advise them and eventually was able to give out the new credit card number (three WEEKS later when the bank got it's act together, but that's another story!) but Petplan were useless. I rang them, spent ages on hold, finally went to an answering machine so left a detailed message. Also typed up and sent an explanatory fax the same day AND an email. No one contacted me, so rang them and emailed them again. No acknowledgement from Petplan. Sent them the new credit card details, but the premiums weren't being taken out. Tried emailing them again - still no response. Then 3 months later, get a VERY nasty letter from them pretty much saying "you owe us money for premiums, pay up or else". I gave up then and wrote them a rather terse letter cancelling the policy - and telling them why. Our dog was nearly 10 years old by then anyway, when the "you have to pay a higher percentage of the vet costs and we pay less" rider kicks in. Don't know if I'd ever deal with them again.

Wizard

Yep Had to have her branded, sent in photos of her showing her brands and the brand etc and then received her payout shortly after. She is now fat and happy being a broodmare

i dont understand this -never dealt with pet insurance..
what is this brand for? why did u have to get her branded?

Sallie

i dont understand this -never dealt with pet insurance..
what is this brand for? why did u have to get her branded?

She had to have a Loss of use brand on her , I had her insured as a riding horse and Petplan paid out the loss of use claim however i got to keep her , it is to make people aware she has a claim on her if I was to sell her on

Does this make sense ?

Top Bottom