morning walk

admin

Administrator
Staff member
on my morning walk through Henley Brook and the locals were out in force! :)

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have also posted a shorter version on our instagram account #stockyardhorses :)

just wanted to test my 5g mobile mp4 files...

Angimac

Nice video Admin. Is this Whitemans Park? I feel very bad for the poor kangaroos there. The park has been divided up by the new subdivisions and the highway extension. There will be a lot more carnage once the speed limit is put up to 100 (that's what they said would happen once roadworks were finished). I know one lady is out in that area checking dead female pouches and also arranging for injured roos to be pts.
Why can't the governments spend a bit more on wildlife underpasses or overpasses like in some other states? Underpasses would have been good on the Great Ocean Drive for the wildlife.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
thank you AM, it is on Murray Road (runs off Park Street) which is close to Whiteman Park. Whiteman Park itself hasn't been divided up however, the new adjoining subdivisions namely; Brabham, Brooklands and Morgan Fields will severely impact the movement of the roo population. On some evenings I can have a dozen roos grazing on my back lawn.:)

I agree, an underpass would be fantastic! It could accommodate both wildlife and the human population.(y)

On a positive note, the roos still have the Gnangara pine plantation to use.

Angimac

Admin I am in the hills and get roos as well. We used to get a lot of does and joeys but for some reason this year its the boys. They are a bit intimidating, especially when they growl.

Unfortunately the roos in Whiteman find it difficult to get to the pine plantation as Gnangara Road has been widened. Main Roads put up a fence to try to stop the roos from getting on the road but it does not go all the way along. The roo lady has had to pts a few roos, this was worse before the fence went up, usually around the area at the intersection of Gnangara and Beechboro roads.
On the Gnangara Road side it looks like Whiteman is in 3 sections.

I have been to Victoria and outside Melbourne there is a nice wildlife bridge. It has shrubs, grass and telegraph poles/wires so it accommodates the movement of crawling, climbing and flying animals.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
more walking over Easter >Park St >Murray Rd >Lawson Rd >Park St.

I am in the middle of having planning approved to subdivide my property on Park Street with the intention of building a new house. As you can see there are already some $million homes located on the southern side of Park Street. (y)

Also, I am not far from the RAAF military airbase in Pearce and if you are lucky enough there are times that you will see F18 Hornets fly overhead in formation, so make sure you watch the entire video for a little treat at the end. :)

this is also an exercise for me in combining footage from my 5g mobile with existing footage using video editing and compression software for uploading to the internet. I need the practice! :)

for the record, I took the F18 footage years ago at the RAAF Pearce air show. It was a fantastic show! (y)

Last edited:

Angimac

Nice walk Admin and I like the F18 footage.
They do sometimes fly near here but not as close as that. The only other RAAF equipment that have flown over is the helicopters doing night manouevers. When I heard them going over I ran outside and just saw the underside because of the difference in the black sky. Otherwise they were invisible.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Early morning walk in the middle of nowhere and still plenty of people running and cycling past. (n)

walk.jpg

admin

Administrator
Staff member
These Autumn mornings are just the best - 14,520 steps (10.77km) on my morning walk through Brabham and the Swan Valley! (y)
Fit_210420.jpg

Starting to feel like Forrest Gump.:D
forrest_gump.jpg

admin

Administrator
Staff member
something special this morning on my walk, the maali bridge in the swan valley.(y)

PlumpRump

Autumn is just the best time for morning walks. I love walking at this time of year. Thanks for sharing you vids.

I usually walk in the bushland surrounding town but they are burning off at the moment and it is REALLY smokey, even just on the roads. So I have missed my walks. Sunset is nice, but sunrise is better.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
absolutely agree PR, Autumn is magic!!:) below is some drone footage of where I live and the great locations where I can walk, cycle or horse ride. (y)

ps: I am using this footage for a project I have been working on and I hope it is not buffering too much for you.

Top Bottom