looking for a pinto stallion to breed to

ashlee

For Standardbred the mare has to be of show quality, not coarse, good bone, strong correct quarters and look balanced overall, with some width to her. She needs to be a good mover. We don't worry if the shoulder, neck or head is a bit short/heavy provided it's in balance as this family is strong in putting on fronts. Size is not an issue so long as she is a good sort.

For Thoroughbreds it's similar requirements although they tend to be good fronted already, we more look to avoid a long back and a long neck, crooked legs.

Basically only because we know what this family produces and so what type of mare is needed to get a good result; nobody can afford to waste their time and money experimenting in this economy!

this sb mare is a good looking horse but not that solid built unfort she has a very bad injury from racing and is sore when running :( but when she was injury free she had a massive ex trot. the foal that she had last year is built like a little tank and is so pretty i was thinking to breed to this filly i wouldnt be able to for years to come :(

Medicine Dance was standing in Victoria. After 2 seasons here he was put to sleep due to servere arthritis. I breed skewbald standardbreds. I was the first 1 to have a buckskin skewbald standie in australia

There was a colt floating around in W.A some where but he has possibly been gelded by now. If i were you I would look at the vast pool of non SB Pinto Stallions here as City girl suggested if you are really after a Pinto. You may find a SB Pinto, but you may get a solid coloured horse and end up with another SB, so depends what you are after . There was only one SB Pinto that threw 100% colour and he was in Queesland but has since been sold to Ireland.
Goodluck in your search :)
He was sold to Victoria (medicine dance) now deceased