International Handler/Trainer Paul Hedges

Maree4

Gold Member
Lol Nic he must be good, am i coming down to watch some lessons if i am allowed to bring a camera i will or a video camera, I am going to come down friday and saturday am and pm. Want to watch kates and sassy's lessons.
Kate whens yours again, 9.30 sat is that right.

Gamby

I have a ridden lesson on Friday too, mines at 3.30

Im looking forward to it so much, hopefully he can help me and Paddy out

Last edited:

Oldhack77

Gold Member
she looks a big girl hey kate! you can see why i was shocked she only measured in at 16.1 1/4...... think its because she is very well built.....and she has legs that go up to her arm pits..... she would so be a super model if she was a human..... :D

ok now i have got over my initial wow factor from my lesson

i would like to tell everyone paul hedges is a god........ he has techniques which i can understand **) and had kitkat and i working nicely...... our canter, still all over the joint, but flowing, no bucking...... oh and i know i am the main problem (think i already knew this)....... and i need to ride with my bum more........ very good for not riding with your hands...... i learnt things that as a kid they were so natural but now as an adult i really have to work for.... but i feel alot more confident and had a big grin on my face when io finished... **)

JessiTrist

Yay! Good on ya Nic, and KitKat! CAnt wait to meet the girl in flesh! Sounds like you had a fantastic lesson, way to go!!

cobbie

Gold Member
Few more hours till my lesson hehe. God I love this exam break, such perfect timing, if I was at school I would of missed out!

Oldhack77

Gold Member
Few more hours till my lesson hehe. God I love this exam break, such perfect timing, if I was at school I would of missed out!
tarz you are going to have a blast - i am so excited at going to ride kitkat today and putting some of the work we did yesterday into place **)

Sassy

Gold Member
oooh I cant wait til Saturday! I would have had a lesson everyday if I wasnt working! He sounds fantastic!

Has anyone had any in-hand lessons?

Oldhack77

Gold Member
wow i just got an email from kathi and i am simply over the moon!!

she said paul was very impressed by my mare **) **)

she also told me we will make an outstanding package for the show ring

im so chuffed!! :D

Sassy

Gold Member
Way to go OH!!! **) although its no surprise to me, kitkat is absolutely stunning!! lol

Aah I cant WAIT anymore!!!!!!! come on saturday HURRY UP!

Oldhack77

Gold Member
you really will love it sassy

i rode kitkat today and really felt like we accomplished alot

putting into place everything paul taught me and she worked very nicely..... we cantered nicely enough also which allowed mt the time to sit back and stop trying to get her to work as she was more willing

be warned though my legs are KILLING!!! inner thighs are burning and i can barely walk after two rides of REALLY using my legs!! :D :D

cobbie

Gold Member
Ok....why doesn't Paul live in perth??? Do you reckon we could con him into staying!!

I had an awesome lesson, we improved so much from the beggining, considering I hadn't ridden him since his injury, he wasn't very naughty, just really strong, so we work alot on that, Paul hoped on him to see what I was feeling, and really did some work with him, I hoped back on and wow what a difference, your right Nic he is very easy to understand unlike some instructors where it goes in one ear and out the other and your just like,okk? I could really understand what he was getting at. I had a soft and relaxed pony by the end of it who really worked his butt off! Talk about sweat hehe.

Will post piccys soon!

It was lovely to get such nice comments back from everyone watching, they couldn't belive hoolie was a tb cause he has a pretty dished out head and a very stocky body, everyone was so nice its a great feeling!

Nic, He couldn't get over Kitkat hehe. (sorry I didn't reply to your text im really low on credit!)

Oldhack77

Gold Member
tarz - shall we plot?

we can call it the "kidnap paul hedges" plot........ he is brilliant hey!!

i am so very glad you enjoyed it, i knew you would...... his method is something else and i honestly do not want him to leave perth...... to leave his lesson you feel like you have achieved and that you have success and it is such a nice feeling.......

what do you mean he couldnt get over kitkat....... she better be in her paddock when i see he tomorrow ;)

cobbie

Gold Member
He was in love with herrrrr!

Ok its a plan :)

Just putting the video on my laptop but its over an hrs worth of footage so might be awhile! haha.

cobbie

Gold Member
Hahah, He wanted to know why australia has such lovely thoroughbreds, said all his have the body but not the head hehe.

Sassy

Gold Member
:eek: now I am embarassed... lol he has been teaching all these sexy TB's and is really impressed and then poor Kazz is just a fat lard @ss haha

Sounds great guys, I am sooo looking forward to it. I havent had a riding lesson since....OMG it has been tooo long! (think back to Pony Club...lol)

Top Bottom