Davrac Quarter Horses

BugEye

At Davrac, we believe that type may be influenced by fashion and finance, but eventually, we as breeders have a responsibility for the preservation of the breed. With this in mind, we studied the market and discovered the lack of the tried and tested bloodlines of old. With this knowledge in mind we researched what bloodlines had a major influence on the industry both past and present. Where ever we looked they all had one thing in common, they all traced back to Three Bars. Be it in the cutting pen, halter arena, pleasure arena or racetrack, all the greats had Three Bars breeding. With Three Bars proving to be such a pre-potent sire, we decided to get some Three Bars bloodstock of our own and attempt to build a breeding dynasty.

We stand 2 stallions at Davrac

Coliban ThreeBars of Gold

Service Fee $1200
Click here to watch video of this special boy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAfNvCaFLKg

Milky Bar Walks On

Service Fee $1000

Visit Davrac Quarter Horses breeding quality Performance bred horses for more information

Last edited:

Zegger

Im not a fan of QH's but I must say they are stunning. Some beautiful horse's you got there Davrac :)

BugEye

Hi Ya FF *#)

Coli, good genetics and a balanced feed are all it takes. they are not on anything special just Oats, lucerne chaff, lucerne hay and livamol

Thank you everyone for the comments on our boys :)

EVP

Gold Member
Welcome Dave :)*

Both those are spectacular looking boys. The coat on the red one nearly had me reaching for my sunnies!!! *#)

Hi Ya FF *#)

Coli, good genetics and a balanced feed are all it takes. they are not on anything special just Oats, lucerne chaff, lucerne hay and livamol

Thank you everyone for the comments on our boys :)
Davrac:)
any dilutes showie would tell you that oats and livamol are a big no-no for clear coats in pallies/buckies. *#) you don't want them to get dappley or smutty.
I think you are safe with your boy... we bred few pallies by TSB.
One or two were a bit smutty as babies (being on high protein intake( milk, oaten hay and grain)). When they drop their baby coats they stay very clear undernieth, very easy to prep for dilutes show rings. You can feed them anything and there don't get smutty. Your boy is a prime example me think.:p

BugEye

Well Lena, it all comes down to genetics. By breeding a Pally to a cherry red chestnut you have the best possible chance for a true Pally offspring. Other colour chestnuts will give you pally's but then they are possibly not a true pally (by definition and standard) and subject to smutting. There are always exceptions though. We have been showing palomino's for decades and have always feed oats, green chaff and livamol. We have only had one horse that we had to feed white chaff and no livamol. He was bred from a darker chestnut.

Well Lena, it all comes down to genetics. By breeding a Pally to a cherry red chestnut you have the best possible chance for a true Pally offspring. Other colour chestnuts will give you pally's but then they are possibly not a true pally (by definition and standard) and subject to smutting. There are always exceptions though. We have been showing palomino's for decades and have always feed oats, green chaff and livamol. We have only had one horse that we had to feed white chaff and no livamol. He was bred from a darker chestnut.
Yes, Dave:)
but when you breed VERY SMUTTY & DAPPLEY pally mares and end up with a good clear color we were a bit surprised for starters, then we got used to it hehehe*#)
The mare your boy is out of used to get very deep dark gold being on pasture only!:D ...

Top Bottom