Country Horses WA

Murray

Staff member
[imgleft]http://www.stockyard.net/images/country_comp.jpg[/imgleft]We would like to welcome Country Horses WA as an advertiser on Stockyard.

This website is purely your one stop informational site for towns outside of Perth. It has become obvious over time that people are selling their beloved horse's when moving from the city to a country town. Mainly because they had no idea the town they were moving to even had horse's there or what was available to them.

This website has been developed with the aim of increasing the horse population in country towns by providing the most information available. In time what you will find on this site is helpful information about local clubs and associations in the location of your interest.

Please check out the website: Country Horses WA - Home

cheers...admin

Andhi

Gold Member
An absolute fantastic site. And one I will keep a close eye on towards the end of this year when I complete my graduate diploma of education

Arnie

Gold Member
Your coming to Merredin Jaana no buts about it :p LOL.

Great website Shio, well done.

Goldpally

What a great idea and a great site :)

I am another who has the option of working in country locations but have not been able to find reliable information about the "horsey scene" in the towns and figure it would seem backwards to move out of the city and into the country and NOT be able to have horses !

painter

Brilliant idea for a website! In the future, will you be including towns in the south west as well?

Shiobhan

Will include any town in WA excluding Perth. There is plenty of info for Perth people. Just thought I would help out the rest of WA.

Im far from a professional so will do my best to include as many towns as I can within the limits of the website builder/host Im using.

Thank you for the support really couldnt do it without the information being sent to me by people first hand.

I will do my best to represent information given to me. If you think or know some of the information is incorrect please PM me and I will look into it as soon as possible.

Shiobhan

painter

Cool:) If you need larger hosting services in the future, pm me and I can give you some info about cheaper/better hosting.

Shiobhan

thanks. This probelry wasnt the cheapest route being american based Im sure but was easy to use. My personal website a friend made in the UK and she host it herself but I didnt want to push the friendship to far by asking for another lol

Will see how we go. We have Corrigin, Derby, Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Port Hedland & York so far. Karratha info is coming the people there are very excited and just waiting for their next meeting to put together some info.

Seem to have lost my Broome contact so if anyone can help out there would be much appreicated.

Will take towns south and east of Perth. I would like to think Towns atleast an hour of Perth anything under an hour is close enough to drive to eg for vets etc compared to remote towns.

Naomi

Shiobhan I'd be happy to provide information on Frankland and surrounding areas. Frankland is 3.5 hours south of Perth.

Shiobhan

thanks Kintara. A member is putting together some info on Coolgardie actually.

Naomi I have added a Frankland page for you, when you have got your info together.

Thanks guys. Please dont forgot to submit some random local area photos and some of your own horses if you want them displayed. Im going to try something a little differnet as the gallery takes a bit to load.

Thanks for all your support. Hopefully in the next fornight I will get it in Saturdays paper equestrian notices for people to see.

kiraSpark

Gold Member
Shio what about Albany? Is it too 'big' to be included?
I can do some info for Albany.

Its a great website - easy to use - what a fantastic idea. Well done!

Shiobhan

Albany is fine. I will consider any town outside of the perth area by lets say an hour. If you can drive there in an hour your to close lol

Shiobhan

Just a bump now we have info on Wagin coming through in the next few days.

Question to members. As the site grows in popularity for towns. Should I change the format to shire area format eg. Instead of listing each town down the side. List Kimberly, Pilbara, Mid west, South West, Gascoyne, Gold Fields etc

At this point in time listing each town is not an issue but I'm not sure if I get many more that its practical to list 30-40 towns down the side.

Ive just used a free website builder and upgrade the domain so am very limited to styles of layout I think.

Look forward to your replies. Thankyou

Shiobhan

Just an update. CHWA is currently being updated tonight. With some information on Derby coming through at the moment. And also going to remodel the photo gallery as its taking some time to load on some computers.

If anyone has any town to add by all means email me or even reply here. I check here often.

And please remember I will take more than one persons perspective on a town. You may have some other small information another does not quiet know.

Thank you for your time. Look forward to your emails.

Shiobhan

Photos from Broome now added, love the horse ball game one. And a very simple forum added for regular vistors to help new people that may come into their area.

Top Bottom