coronaviras

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Here’s a table of IMF forecasts for major countries. Columns are for 2019, 2020 and 2021. Seems a bit optimistic on emerging countries for this year...

Angimac

Um do we know what happened to Singapore's control over the virus. They seem to have a leap in the number of cases there now.
Have they hit their flu season or had residence return home from overseas.

I am thinking about getting the flu jab, but a bit worried as both my Mum and brother had worse reactions than the actual flu previously. They said they are not getting one this year.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
not sure what has happened to Singapore but some commentators are suggesting that it is perhaps they have become lax with foreigners. Given their reputation I am sure this will be corrected expeditiously!

I don't normally get the flu jab either but I felt that given the risk factor this year it would be prudent to do so in an effort to strengthen my immune system. so yes, I have had my flu jab, didn't even feel it.:)

Last edited:

PlumpRump

So, looking at that chart, it does look like a second wave is inevitable. I was pleased to hear the schools are going back. It can then be easily contained within communities when it pops up again instead of spread all over the state and shopping centres.

Angimac

Admin do you have any flu symptoms from the jab?

I think the chart has confirmed my fear about the flu season in Australia. A few countries have gone down in Covid-19 cases and then up again.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Not really AM, I did feel a little more tired than usual but I seem ok now. still managing to get my morning walks in. (y)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Our ranking of how well countries have grappled with coronavirus based on the percentage of cases that have recovered, total cases relative to each countries outbreak duration, active cases per capita and tests per capita still ranks Australia at number 3, behind only China and South Korea out of 40 countries. Italy is ranked 28th, the US is ranked 36th and the UK is ranked 38th.

Dr Shane Oliver
Head of Investment Strategy and Economics and Chief Economist, AMP Capital
Sydney, Australia

read more...

Top Bottom