coronaviras

Angimac

Admin there is one case in NT and the total for NSW looks lower than in the news conference by ScoMo.
As this is a horse forum can you please put Arnie's self isolation video up if you can find it. Its a real hoot. I think people would get a big laugh.
All Californians 65 and over are now in a lock down.

Angimac

Thank you admin for putting the Arnie, Whisky and Lulu video up. I like at the end where he says they have to get along because of the modest abode.
There is also a hand washing instruct video if anyone is interested in Arnie. It seems to be a crazy household. Lulu the donkey apparently has the run of the house.

It seems that if countries have no recorded Coronavirus they are just told to go home at the airport. Someone that consults for my Stepfather just came back from Timor and was told just to go home. No one at the airport scanned his temperature even though his wife apparently has Dengie Fever.

Also NSW government should be flogged. They have let passengers off 4 cruise ships over the past couple of months, there have been Coronavirus cases taken off these ships.
I wonder how cases compare between high density living cities/areas and sprawled out/open cities and suburbs.

PlumpRump

As far as I understood, stopping the virus was never the aim, slowing it down is. That cant happen if people don't listen to what the government is saying. People are not listening because social media has eroded trust. I hope we see change to that attitude after the virus crisis, although I doubt it. A democracy is never going to please everyone, it is literally majority rules. People need to listen to those in charge during crisis, even if they don't agree with them. This is very obviously not happening so it is not the government at fault for the spread, it is the people.

I am very confused about the stimulus packages, every article I read confuses me further! It seems, with the price gouging going on at some supermarkets, that any "extra" money will be going back on to groceries anyway. How is seeding and harvest affected by the suspension of working visas? Are there extra jobs now in health and home care, packaging and delivery, or processing and welfare? I would usually ask these questions at the pub... but ... haha.

Angimac

PlumpRump, Dutton said when he gets back to his office, after he is given the all clear to go back to work, he is going to come down on the profiteering. I know Singapore has profiteering laws already for face masks. They fined a chemist who hiked the prices up on these. India was putting profiteering laws together on the face masks too. It seems, if any laws are put in place here, they will be for loo paper. I hope it will be a lot of consumables. Still have not been able to get any masks or hand sanitiser.

My Mum used to watch a show called Foyle's War, I remember everyone walking around with a box made of wood and string on their shoulder for their masks. They also had a household ration book. This would have rations calculated on how many people lived in the house. I cannot remember if the shopkeeper signed or stamped the book once they had received the goods/food.
The compassion and support that was shown after the devastating bush fires has gone. Everyone is trying to make a buck out of this situation.

Admin I do not like the trajectory Australia is heading in. We have not reached the height of the flu season (I know people keep saying that). Hopefully the government is heading in the right direction. But people need to be responsible for self isolating when they have returned from overseas (seems even a few doctors have just gone back to work) or been contact with someone that has returned and also social distancing.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
on a brighter note my son who lives in Hong Kong told me yesterday that life is getting back to normal there! (y)

Last edited:

southwardKIWI

Hi is any of our members on here on home lock down i am in lock down as i am 75 and the over 70 have been told to stay at home. And we now have a few schools closing as some students have got it so its going to get worse before it gets better.

Angimac

SouthwardKIWI I do not know anyone in lock down here, but hope you are getting some inspiration from Arnie.

Admin glad your son has stayed safe in Hong Kong and things are back to normal there. Thank you for the new Arnie, Whiskey and Lulu video, but I am not getting any sound from it. There does not even seem to be a sound icon.:(
There was a news article about the town of Vo, Veneto in Italy where the first person in that country died. There are 3,000 people in the town, the authorities tested everyone and 3 percent were found to be infected with the coronavirus. They did a hard lock down and no one was allowed to leave their homes for 14 days. They are now saying the town is free of the virus even though they are surrounded by high rates of cases in that region of Italy.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
AM,

I spoke to him again this morning and they are not quite back to normal as per my previous post. Sorry it should have read "getting back to normal". However, check out the video he just sent me and how beautiful HK is looking...

Also AM, I checked the new instagram Arnie, Whiskey and Lulu video on Google Chrome, Firefox and my 5g mobile and the sound is working fine - you might need to refresh your page or delete some of your history?

Top Bottom