coronaviras

Angimac

The death toll in Australia has risen to 5.

Richard Wilkins has contracted the Coronavirus after interviewing Rita Wilson whilst she was in Sydney.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
The narrative needs to change to the current status of the cures that have been announced worldwide and using every resource available to make them available including overriding unnecessary regulation!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Australia advises against all international travel for the first time in history as gatherings of more than 100 people are BANNED - but schools will stay open under tough new coronavirus restrictions.

PlumpRump

I am not sure if I should go shopping for milk, meat and fresh greens this week... I am worried the schools will be shut by next week with germy kids flooding the stores as they do on holidays, but I was also hoping the hoarders would be fully stocked by then and the shops not so crazy. I am in the high risk category with a disability card but I am younger than 60 so it is likely I will be hassled if I go early.

I am less concerned with catching the virus at this stage, but I AM scared of the panicked people. I've run out of milk and meat a few days ago but still have some fruit in the garden and fully stocked in the pantry. The general store is shutting down, so it is a 200km round trip to the nearest woolies, coles or IGA. I do NOT want to do it if there is no stock or packed with people.

Schools being shut is my worst nightmare in usual times, I'd rather they keep the kids IN school over the holidays than extend the holidays! My risk of illness always shoots up tenfold during holiday times. And parents who are keeping their kids home from school now are NOT keeping them home... there are already holiday makers coming though.

PlumpRump

I did my usual shop, fresh food was near on fully stocked. I went at night so it wasn't too busy, I didn't even have to wait in line at the check out. I hope I can get some home veg growing soon so I can skip the weekly shops but going by how calm it was last night I wonder if the initial panic buying has finished? There was still no loo roll or hand sanitizer but I got everything on my list except one thing, which I couldn't find. I was pleasantly surprised at how calm it was. Everyone was doing well with social distancing except the mothers who decided to have a meeting about how the schools should be shut in the tuna isle. No one could get passed until one guy shoved his trolly in between them forcing them to remember they were blocking the isle lol. If I didnt catch it from them I should be safe.

I am really surprised that people say "listen to doctors" yet also seem to rock up demanding tests when doctors say its not Covid 19. One person I know was so adamant they had it and demanded an urgent test, got it and returned negative. She had a sore throat, was convinced she was dying 2 nights ago, now today is practically all better after the negative result returned. Someone should tell people that acute anxiety feeds hypochondria. Even if she did have it, it was not severe enough to require treatment and just clogs up the system. I think we will see a lot of that, going by the hysteria on social media.

Top Bottom