Connemaras

Lis0805

Nicki, Your mare is a virtual double for a mare I leased way back in the early 80's, in fact I cant see any difference at all. I'd be interested if my old mare apeared in Zara's pedigree anywhere. Her name was Oakdale Tara. I only had her for a year and sadly it was a bit of a love/hate relationship that we had :( She was good in almost every way- her downside was she had learned to buck and pigroot, with the previous leasee, and did so whenever she felt like it, I learned how to fall off really well with her- I was only 12yrs old. When she wasnt bucking she was very very good- she never shied and never got scared. She won many championships at shows too. She certainly never put me off the breed she simply had learned a bad habit that at 12yrs of age, I couldnt fix. I heard a few years on that she had settled right down and become a quiet 'little kids' pony and a broody so I guess she did grow out of it eventually.

Lis0805

Nicki, Your mare is a virtual double for a mare I leased way back in the early 80's, in fact I cant see any difference at all. I'd be interested if my old mare apeared in Zara's pedigree anywhere. Her name was Oakdale Tara. I only had her for a year and sadly it was a bit of a love/hate relationship that we had :( She was good in almost every way- her downside was she had learned to buck and pigroot, with the previous leasee, and did so whenever she felt like it, I learned how to fall off really well with her- I was only 12yrs old. When she wasnt bucking she was very very good- she never shied and never got scared. She won many championships at shows too. She certainly never put me off the breed she simply had learned a bad habit that at 12yrs of age, I couldnt fix. I heard a few years on that she had settled right down and become a quiet 'little kids' pony and a broody so I guess she did grow out of it eventually.

Lis0805

Hi Manocaaron, my goodness I hope you get this message after all this time! I owned Oakdale Tara from 1983 until she passed away in 1998. We bought her from the Turriffs in Dowerin. She tried the pony club life for a few years at Darling Range HPC but she was a complete turd and refused to do anything, often bucking me off and pigrooting. I still adored her. We tried to breed from her but it did not prove successful. She lived at my parents' home on Hawtin Road, Maida Vale until she passed away from skin cancer 6 weeks after my wedding in 1998. She was always known as the 'white pony' on Hawtin Road who would stand under the tree all day. By incredible coincidence, Oakdale Farm is only 1km away from my parents' house. We visited her dam Scarlett OHara in Dunsborough at the pony ride school down there in the late 80s. Millfields March Winds had an incredibly sad demise and his remains were found in a paddock.

D

Dylan64

many years ago a lady I knew bred a conni x stockhorse. He was a nuggety little guy and was happy as larry to double dink the pair of us round

her property the one time we tried it. Didn't blink an eye when I slid off his rump going uphill lol.
He was also horsey. Loved working cattle. Sadly he was put to sleep after fracturing his hock.
Hi, i agree with you

Top Bottom