Brand Search... can anyone help me??

cathalli

Hi, I am trying to find some history on my warmblood x TB gelding to see if he can be reg'd. He has MNR on his left shoulder and 1 over 0 on the right so I know he was born in 2000. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!!:)

cathalli

Thanks for that... I have no idea these search sites are out there. I've found a TB one but since I'm not a member I can't look up anything. Anyways, thanks again for trying!

kiraSpark

Gold Member
Hi there :)

This brand is owned by Mr MS Skelton.

The horse with this brand is:
Vainhayaa (AUS) 2000
Life Number: AUS00760123

Bay gelding, with a big blaze, two white hinds to mid cannon, and two very small socks on the near and off fore.

Date of Birth: 30/10/2000

Microchip Number: N/A DNA Typed: N

by Muhayaa (USA) 1989
from Bellvaine (AUS) 1985

bred by Mr MS Skelton, NSW

Does this sound like your horse? Because if it does, hes pure thoroughbred, not a warmblood cross! ;)

Is he the horse in your picture/avatar? Because thats just what this horses blaze looks like on the TB site. He also raced. I can give you his racing history also, if you are interested.

Last edited:

cathalli

Yes... that's him...I can't believe this!!! I'd like his racing history if you can... Does this mean he is registered?? Thank you so much for this information... I'm in shock because he's not warmblood but it is so nice to know his history.

kiraSpark

Gold Member
Pretty wild that someone sold him as a TB x W/B when he isnt....bit wrong, Id be very cross if they did it intentionally, to make him more 'sellable'.

Yes, he is registered, as a purebred Thoroughbred with the ASB (Australian Stud Book) who is the association that register Thoroughbreds in Australia.

Anyway his racing details are:

18 starts, for one win, one second, and three thirds.
He has won $6500 in prizemoney.
He has an embargo from the stewards, lodged on the 5th of Sept 2004, it is a suspension for 'racing manners'. It was re-instated on the 13th Sept 2004.
Current owners details are listed as being Mr G Bentley.
Trainer was Darryl McCabe, Orange.
His last race was the 6th of August 2007, in FORB (Forbes? I am unfamiliar with eastern states racetracks). He came last. He also came last in his three prior races.
I cant tell you more about his individual races because I can only look up WA stewards reports.

If you go here http://www.risa.com.au/registrarofracehorses/racehorseid.asp you can pay $50 and they will send you his papers, (not his original papers) but good enough to do shows with, and it will have his racing details, identification certificate and full breeding on it also.

Last edited:

cathalli

Thank you so much... I have spent most the day searching the internet for his history and found that he is the great, great, grandson of Northern Dancer... Since I'm a Canadian it is pretty significant to find out that he is too (partly!!) Anyways, I am so thankful for your help on identifing him. If only they could talk he's probably be saying... "stop calling me a bloody warmblood"

Thank you :)

kiraSpark

Gold Member
No worries :)
Glad I could help.
I actually feel a bit guilty about bursting your warmblood balloon!

If you would like, PM me your email address, and I will email you a PDF of his Identification Certificate, which is on the ASB website (but only subscribers can view it, but I can save it and email it to you, so you have a copy).

cobberas63

Thank you so much... I have spent most the day searching the internet for his history and found that he is the great, great, grandson of Northern Dancer... Since I'm a Canadian it is pretty significant to find out that he is too (partly!!) Anyways, I am so thankful for your help on identifing him. If only they could talk he's probably be saying... "stop calling me a bloody warmblood"

Thank you :)
Hey there, I know this thread is now 10 years old, but if you happen to read this message I was just wondering how long you owned Vainhayaa for. He's now owned by a friend (who also was told that he was a WB!!!) and we're curious about his history. He seems to have been highly schooled at some stage.

Top Bottom