AQHA - Western Australian Yearling Colt

Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Just a big brag our QH yearling colt Coliban Rusty Rules had a congratulations written to him in the Australian Quarter Horse Association monthly magazine on his recent achievements on his showing career in WA, (this doesn;t happen very often) you can check him out on www.geocities.com/yarrabahqh We are such a proud family to own such a magnificent colt.

Catchya

"After all is said and done, more is said than done"

S

squidhillqh

Squid...

You have made your point on the other topic.

I think Zoo has got the point. Afterall, there is nothing wrong with some self publication...as you said it is a service the mag is providing.

Zahira

S

squidhillqh

Zahira, you are right, there is nothing wrong with self publication, but in doing so it is not right to mislead people by claiming that the congrats ect were done by the AQHA in any other way.

Im all for Zoo and her boy, I really hope to meet her when she comes over, but I dont any body misleading others for their own gain and I think (I may be wrong) it is actually against the law to mislead someone to benifit from it.

We could all remember that.

Cheers,

Zahira

That's fine Squid.

I just thought you might have been trying to some how 'embarrass' Zoo.

Sorry if I am wrong in this.

S

squidhillqh

LOL, no im not trying to embarass Zooey. I like Zooey.

I just honsetly dont think she has done herself or her good horse any good.
It does make her look a little silly, and im sure she is not really like that.

Cheers,

Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Squid - would like to know how i have mislead anybody. AQHA actually contacted me via the PHONE and asked me to write a piece on our boy as the achievement of winning his supreme of supremes was quite an achievement for any horse let alone a QH - sorry you had a problem with that!

Catchya

Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Sorry Murray, i just wanted to share my pleasure with our little boy from the west. I might just add too that a congrats was put in the recent WAQHA newsletter without my knowledge. I'm not self promoting at all as we have no intentions of breeding from him till at least 2007 - just promoting the QH

Catchya

S

squidhillqh

Zoo, I dont have a prob with that, but I have Chunkys space booked and I know you have to pay to get it in just like an add.

The AQHA doent ring people. I know others who had theirs in last time, they told me how to do it. I have rang the AQHA.

Besides how would the AQHA even know who he is in the big sceeme of things. if they were ringing around for people, which is NOT the case, then they would have it full of superstars, of which they do not. Anyone can put in their own horse.

Im really sorry for you if you feel you need to say they rang you to justify something, but I also have a spot booked and that is not how it works. You put in you bit and pay for it. You pay, it gets published.
I was told by them they will publish anyone who wants to be in there. There is a great pic of a little girl barrel racing as well.
The Pally society have the saame thing, brag pages.

They are a fantastic idea, so is the AQHA idea of stallion adds for the whole 12 months. I really feel it is heading in the right direction.

Iam just feeling really sorry for you right now that you seem to need to do things like post things like this (which arnt completly fact) on here to make you feel good. it is really sad.

it is just not you, or is that who you really are?

Cheers,

Zahira

Squid,

Now I really do think that you might be going to far now. It's your word against Zoo's.

What you are saying is a little harsh and you should think how it makes someone feel.

I remember once on a forum I used to read someone got absoultely reamed by other posters for shameless self promotion and plugging for their colt. I felt quite bad for this person, as what was said was some what nasty.

Sometimes things that are said, can be somewhat hurtful...perhaps just letting things go if you don't agree is best.

S

squidhillqh

I apologise to Zoo if I hurt her feelings, but not for stating a fact.
The peice in the mag is practiacly word for word off her webiste. So not sure what is to apoligise there for.

I wish people could all be a little more honest in their lives as it seems some are not.
Rose seems to have been told I email Zoo on a regular basis, gee that would be 2 times we have emailed each other in the past year.

Someone here not being honest I dont think. That I dont like.

Zoo you really should keep a check on who is writing about your boy in publications, they may put something you wont like one day, and I am under the understanding that they cannot print it without your consent. (and most wont incase you sue them)
At least thats what the newspaper here told me when they did a story on Chunky after the states.

Tara Gorden is the one that does the newsletter and the one you send your stuff to if you want in. We should all send stuff in and make the mag a good one.

Cheers,

S

squidhillqh

Just read your post Zahira, yes you are prob right.
Let go.

Cheers,

beau

Gee wiz reading all this backbiting and jealousy that is going on really puts a good shining example up for all our younger people on here who want to show - .

Squid I think if Zoo said she got a call, then she got a call.

Please why cant somepeople just be happy for others who have had success and recognition for what they have achieved.

Now I know why we dont show horses.

**New Pic is of my 'grand-daughter' Ashka**

Belinda

I think you're right about the backbiting and jealousy Beau, not to mention oneupmanship, coming from both directions. It's posts like these that make me want to tell some people to grow up. What ever happened to healthy, respectful competition. Zoo and Squid, you both have fabulous horses, but it seems to me on this forum with you both that there is always an underlying "mine is better than yours" thing going on. Get over it and get on with it I say.

Belinda

S

squidhillqh

Belinda. you have just earnt my full respect.

That is prob the most honest thing said on this post to date.
And yes you are prob right, but at least you can be honest. I like that.

Cheers,

S

squidhillqh

Rose.
The number to ring is Tara Gorden. She is solely responsible for the newsletter and the congrats pages.
08 87389330
The May issue is full but you might get in the june if your quick.

Cheers,

S

squidhillqh

Oh sorry I thought you must have had QH, being a freind of Zoos and all.

If you ring Tara and ask how to get in there she will tell you. But you may not like the truth, I dont know.

I know what I was just told 15 mins ago by Tara and it is the same as the AQHA told me, so I will be interested to hear your truth as I dont like fibbers. They do not have my respect in any field.
There is no need for it on here or anywhere else.
The number is there for anyone to ring.
I dont mind being bagged or belitled but at least i know im telling the truth.

What do you breed, show.? The head pic is very nice,

Cheers,

S

squidhillqh

Sorry Rose, but obviously you were told different than me.

If Zoo is right then I apologise, but yes tara is very helpfull, only going on what info Iwas given directly.

Cheers,

Top Bottom