A concerning hay harvesting technique - spraying

horse girl Jess

I'd like to see you suggest to a few farmers that their approach to farming is short term & see what answer you receive.
I suggest you keep researching that idea.
Me too :eek: not sure how a majority of them manage to pass their land on so many generations if it's 'short term' farming...

jimixxx

i cant believe how dumb most people on here are...quite simply if you dont know what you are talking about then shutup. The facts about spraying glyphosate on hay crops is purely and simply to 'hay off' the crop which means it can then be cut at its peak time or left as a standing hay crop. It also controls weeds in the crop. Glyphosate is very cheap to buy at around $100/20L and it is sprayed at around 300ML/ha depending on strength). That works out at about 60c/ha. And nothing is safer than glyphosate.

Eoroe

Gold Member
i cant believe how dumb most people on here are...quite simply if you dont know what you are talking about then shutup. The facts about spraying glyphosate on hay crops is purely and simply to 'hay off' the crop which means it can then be cut at its peak time or left as a standing hay crop. It also controls weeds in the crop. Glyphosate is very cheap to buy at around $100/20L and it is sprayed at around 300ML/ha depending on strength). That works out at about 60c/ha. And nothing is safer than glyphosate.

Well we dont know we are dumb till someone tells us **) We dont know we are right until someone tells us as well.

Yes their are worse things than glyphosate.

But as you said it yourself, meaning it in a different was of course. "Nothing is safer the glyphosate".

I'll still have my hay glyphosate free thanks, with a side serve of healthy soil bacteria, and garsish of a balancing polyculture..... :))

deborah orme

I can see this discussion is quite old. I came on here to find out if glyphosate is used on hay. Perhaps you are unaware that a groundskeeper was just awarded $290 million compensation for the cancer he is about to die from because of his exposure working with glyphosate. Monsanto appealed and another judge did't dismiss it but the payout was reduced to about $90 million. This case has set the precedent. There are now $88 billion !! yes billion in waiting court cases for glyphosate injury. You need to be very careful who you are calling dumb when you have been gullible enough to believe what a multi billion dollar company is telling you when they are peddling poison.

Top Bottom