Having tried quite a few dressage saddles lately I thought I would post up a brief review of what I have tried, as so many people (including myself) always ask about different saddles.
Please add yours...
These saddles were tried on my big Stockhorse mare. Built like a warmblood and is an elevated mover. Highish wither, and is a wide on the wintec gullet gauge. Oh and I am size 8, not very tall but have longish upper legs.
- Nice looking little saddle, seemed to fit my horse well but I thought the seat was sooo hard and my position was pretty awful in it, made me use my seat less and my stirrups more. Didn't like the quality of the leather.
- LOVED this saddle, lovely soft seat, put me in a nice natural position without locking me in, has big knee rolls but not restrictive. Fitted my big mare well. Very nice quality saddle. Nice wide channel.
- AMAZING to sit in, fitted Jing nicely, but the big knee rolls are a killer if you don't have super long legs!!! Quality was fantastic too. Nice wide channel and lots of wither room.
- very nice to ride in, seat is harder than the Kur but it would soften nicely. This really made me feel like a real dressage rider LOL
Doesn't have the big knee rolls, gives you a fantastic position with room to move BUT it does have a narrow channel. So I wouldn't recommend it for wide load horses. I was really upset that this one didn't fit my horse as I would've loved a Kieffer, am disapointed with how narrow the channel is, this has been a problem with older Kieffers and I thought they'd fixed it.
- Very much like the Jessica for comfort and fit factor, I found that in this saddle on my horse I gripped with my knees big time, and because I was concentrating so hard on not gripping my position went everywhere. I have ridden other horses in this saddle without that problem, so maybe it's just the combination of my horse, me and the saddle
I did alot of no stirrup work and that helped a little bit, but knee gripping is not a problem I have usually.
I think I am going to go with the Jessica, good price for such a nice saddle!
Please add yours, I think it could be useful to anyone wanting to look at saddles and not knowing what to get.
Gee can you tell I don't have much work to do...
ETA: I know that what works for one might not work for the other, but it's good to share experiences!