Zumba...

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Beauvelour, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Beauvelour

Beauvelour Well-known Member

Just wondering if any one has had any results with Zumba? I have just bought the set and keen to hear peoples opinions/results?

2. I did it in a class for a couple of months. LOVED it it was great! I want the set for Xmas :D Results? Not sure as my OH's ridiculous work schedule meant I couldn't always make it so my attendance was rather sporadic :(

3. Diana

Diana Gold Member

I have it on the Wii - downside is I'm useless at dancing and sometimes it moves to the next step before I've got it. And the arm movements are way too hard. I know it takes practice but my knees always hurt afterwards :p and my ankles. And feet. So I can't just practice every day :eek: arrrghhh...

Maybe I take myself too seriously...but I get frustrated before I laugh at myself for looking silly :p

4. Beauvelour

Oh Merrylegs, the Zumbda was my early Christmas Present, just because we went to Perth and had a big spend up - it was on my Christmas list so i got it early lol.

I know what you mean Diana - I was going to get the one with the Wii but saw the Dvd set (complete with "toning bars" LOL) Thats the good thing on the Dvd i pause it or go back and re-do the steps. I feel like a complete twit doing it in my lounge - i should video myself just for a laugh lol. So far i did 1/2 an hour and i was dripping with sweat, where as I would do the wii fit for 45mins and only just starting to sweat....

5. Diana

Diana Gold Member

Really!? Eek I must be super unfit..I do the "Zumba Class" thing for 20 minutes and I'm STUFFED!!

But the training where they teach you the steps...can do them for about 40 minutes before my legs go jelly-like :p

ETA: YES I wish I could pause the Wii :p just to get my breath back to let me do the steps right :p

6. Clerrt

Clerrt Well-known Member

Its great within the confines of your own four walls but it's SOOOO embarassing in a gym class :p

7. Diana

Diana Gold Member

SO TRUE Clerrt :D

I don't even do it when my husband is home. And he's seen me do some pretty stupid things......... :rolleyes:

8. NiccyLovesK

NiccyLovesK Well-known Member

I tried it earlier this year in the class but I think I was triple the size of anybody there... they were all such skinny lil girls in short shorts and tight tank tops... there I was with my daggy loose tops and yoga pants. Never again!

I have the DVD, it's brilliant, I'm doing it every day and love it

9. Gemgem

Gemgem Well-known Member

My mate lost a heap of weight doing zumba, she loves it so much shes become an instructor now!

10. Beauvelour

I totally agree Diana I definitely dont do it when hubby is around!!!

11. Diana

Diana Gold Member

Hahahaha glad I'm not the only one then!!! *#)

12. KKKiroo

KKKiroo Well-known Member

I do it every Thursday at Baldivis Hall and love it!

Yes its embarressing because I'm not very good but I have a ball.