Zumba

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by bambi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. bambi

bambi New Member

Zumba , I'm looking for some feedback, is it fun , will I LOSE weight ! seems like a great way to exercise :)

2. Rivvy

Rivvy Active Member

Bumping :D

3. cupcake

cupcake Well-known Member

One of the girls at work did it and loved it, but she didnt keep up with it.

Anything that gets your blood pumping is good for you to loose weight.

I dont have the co-ordination for these things and get frustrated.

Id say give it a go... see if some friends will come with you. Its a bit more fun if you can get some of your buddies to go to!

Goodluck!

4. Clerrt

Clerrt Well-known Member

I recently did a Les Mills Body Pump class and it doesn't even ware you out, but you hurt after your first class for a WEEK!!

I enjoyed it so much though lol *#)

5. Belinda

Belinda Well-known Member

I go twice a week and I LOVE it. I suffer from a total lack of coordination, and I so can't dance, but if you just want to have fun and don't care what you look like, its great!

I did it to get fit, which it has definitely helped with. It's a much higher intensity workout than you would imagine - I think many people think its a bit soft, but that is definitely not the case.

But apart from that, I've lost some blubber from my thighs and hips too, which is a bonus.

Give it a go, and persevere for a week or two - it'll take you about three goes to start getting the hang of the routines, then you'll be laughing.

6. chavi

chavi Well-known Member

I love Zumba, it's lots of fun! I am seriously uncoordinated, but found it didn't really matter. It was a great work out and the hour went VERY quickly - normally I am counting the minutes towards the end of the workout but I don't for Zumba.

7. I loveee zumba :D soo much fun! i dont really like going to the big classes with the gazillion people. I want to buy the DVD sets of it. only $100 at post office :)

8. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

I'd love to do it, but dont like going on my own to these kinda things. Maybe the DVD is a good idea.

9. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

Zumba is great for those who don't like excercising, eg. going for runs etc.

So long as you maintain a healthy eating plan, and a good excercise regime, then yes you will lose weight.

10. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

i have the game on Kinect for XBOX
    OMFG what a work out.... im soo unco at it though
    but it keeps your heart rate up
    and its great fun... expecially watching my OH try and get his hips moving the way the lady does... big fail oh his behalf

11. Taryn

Taryn Well-known Member

Works for me, bought the whole disc set and sticks.
    Best money I ever spend.

12. Sallighted

Sallighted Well-known Member

I go to two classes a week in Boddington.... tonight and wed**) Love it... heaps of fun and I don't feel like I'm excercising which is even better:p

13. bambi

bambi New Member

O.k, I'm going give Zumba a try it sounds like you all really enjoy doing it ,
    great feedback **)

14. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Cost me $3.50 to buy the full set from Bali :p

I plan on giving it a go tomorrow...while everyone is out!

15. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

I did a session with a friend a couple months back. I loved it but didnt sweat or tire as much as I thought i would and I was trying. I sweat more dancing at home by myself lol. It was great socializing and very fun but I never actually went back as it hurt my friends knee and I didnt want to go without her :(

My class had 20-25 about in it. Was a very comfortable amount.

16. Omega Conquest

Omega Conquest Well-known Member

i LOVE it!!! have so much fun :)

but you really have to not worry what people think :) and even if you dont get all the moves perfect as long as u keep moving it works :)

17. Belinda

Belinda Well-known Member

I was actually surprised at how much I DID sweat.

Obviously in summer it is all very obvious because the sweat is running down your boobs and you have wet patches, but even in winter, I would go home thinking, oh, that wasn't that much of a workout, but my bra and back of my shirt would be drenched - getting a work out without even knowing it!!

18. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

oooh i wish i could do zumba but i work on the only night it is on here in town :(