Zoo's mare finally foaled.

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by OBHH, Aug 26, 2009.

1. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Ok after the last post saying that Layla was foaling ,this time she did. lol

Layla had a huge chestnut colt 2 white stockings and a star, at 7.55pm this evening. Aparently looks just like his daddy. ( with the extra chrome )
    Sue will have to post pics later on.
    All is well so far with both mum and bub.
    This foal is a full brother to Zophia.

2. Mouse

Mouse Well-known Member

YAY finally. That would have been a few sleepless nights. Can't wait to see pics.

3. samm

samm Gold Member

Yay Grandma......
    *pssssssssst have camera can travel the 2 mins around the corner *:D

4. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

give her a text Mel, if she doesnt want any pics , im sure the colts new owner would apreciate them. Do you need sues number?:D

5. samm

samm Gold Member

Got Sue's number thanks OBHH.She's one of my best clients(not to mention the fact she's a lovely lady) :)
    I didn't mean it like that though,meant I be happy to snap some off for her if she wanted any and well really it gives me an excuse to see a Charlie baby :)

6. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

Congratulations Sue on the safe arrival of this little (well not so little) boy. Well done Leyla and Charlie. :)*

And a big congratulations to Fee on the arrival of her new little baby - you are going to have so much fun with him. **)

7. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Ive known Sue for xx years. I wont say how many cause then that will show how old we are. lol
    Put it this way, i was there when she bought the dam of Layla ( the mare that just foaled) when she was only just a foal herself. I bet she would love you to go around, just go for a casual drive and say oohh lookey a foal snap snap. lol

8. samm

samm Gold Member

Might just have to take the long way to town tomorrow !lol

Come on Zoo ,we needs more info :D

9. Woodlands

Woodlands New Member

Yaaaah our baby has finally arrived safe and well, well done to leyla and sue and bec you sounded so excited when I got my magic call, I didn't get my blonde girl but I got a big strapping chestnut boy with some bling, who can carry around this tall blonde girl so I'm stoked ], not going to sleep tonight can't wait for the sun to come up to come and meet my new little man....You can have a sleep tonight sue just for a change lol.

Fee

10. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Yay!
    Congrats Zoo.. look forward to pics! :)*

11. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

wwaahhooo ! huge congrats Zoo ! :)*

look forward to the pics **)

Cheers
    Lee

12. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Congrats on the arrival of your new horse Woodlands. I bet you will be the one who wont sleep tonight now. You do realize that you will have to keep us updated with piccies as bub grows.
    OK -who gets to choose his name? you or sue?

13. Jocko

Jocko Well-known Member

congrats on your new arrival Zoo can't wait to see some pics.

14. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Woohoo congratulations :D.

15. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Yarrabah Quarter Horses Well-known Member

Hi all, thanks Leisa for putting up my good news. Mum and bubs are doing just great, one of the quickest deliveries I have ever seen, and baby was up and looking for the milk bar even before mum was on her feet. He is a very strong big boy and a mini version of his dad. They are tucked up snugly in the stable where I can keep an eye on them with the cams. I am absolutely stocked with what this mare and my boy have produced yet again, certainly is a great x.

Will try and get pics up but am so tired and looking forward to a couple of nights grace without that shrill of the foaling alarm, my other mare is now due also but no quite ready, but hey what do we know lol Leyla went against all that I have used before so thankfully I bought a foal alarm this year the first time I have relied on one in over 15 years and so glad I did.

Samm please do come and get pics I would be most greatful.

Thanks for all the replies promise I will post pics asap.

Cheers

Sue

16. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Yarrabah Quarter Horses Well-known Member

Not the best pics but here goes

Some pics tonight in the stable not the best but boy has this little man got a good hind quarter :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics in the morning :))

Cheers

Sue

17. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Oh lovely!
    Congrats Sue

18. Spring

Spring Active Member

Wow, that is one strong healthy looking foal! Congrats:D

19. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

I'm ready for more photos! :)

20. Pinto Lover

Pinto Lover Well-known Member

OH wow he is very cute.....Congrats guy's.....**)