Zeusy under saddle :) *pics*

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by F.adila, Jan 16, 2013.

1. F.adila

F.adila Well-known Member

So my boy has been home 2months now and has finally started work under saddle after doing a lot of fitness work at the beach.

His first ride home a few weeks ago was horrid, he had no mouth and was like a cement truck to steer and every time I even touched him with my leg tried to bolt. Not to mention he was so upset about me even putting the tack on!

So with a lot of long slow work he is happy and confident about having his tack all put on and I now have a very happy horse under saddle who is coming along in leaps and bounds and tries his heart out for anything I ask :)

Just a little bit excited to see what this boy can do this year!

And of course, piccies cos I'm so proud of him:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was a very exciting moment having him soften and work forward and happily:
    [​IMG]

The right canter lead has also been a big ordeal but he is starting to realise he is strong enough to do it:
    [​IMG]

You can kind of see my smile but I was so so proud of him at the end of this ride! So big pats to finish it off:
    [​IMG]

2. NaeNae87

NaeNae87 Well-known Member

what a handsome boy! his name really suits him too :)

Congrats!!

3. cupcake

cupcake Well-known Member

Hes such a looker fe! I cant wait to meet him :)

You bringing him to arc?

4. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

He is definitely a gorgeous boy, and exciting prospect!

Have you owned him a while and he's just come back to WA? Or what's his story?

Will he be your next eventer? :D ;)

5. F.adila

Cupcake - He will deff be at arc :) Hopefully doing both the flat work and xc :)

Nickelodeon - Iv only had him 2months but known him for 2years. Hes an ex police horse who didnt particularly like his job and had a bad string of injuries too. He loves to jump so certainly hoping to dressage and event him :)

6. Gamby

Gamby Well-known Member

He looks lovely! Its such a great feeling when they realise what's going on under saddle.
    I'll keep a look out for him at adult riders :)

7. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

:eek: he's a hunk!!!!! You guys looks great!

8. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Hey is the Shire cross that was on cav? Quite the mini me of my horse ;)

9. ChatahnETC

ChatahnETC New Member

What a handsome boy! Can't wait to see more photos of his progress. :)

10. F.adila

He is a shire x and from the same place but he wasnt advertised on cav, i was lucky and got him direct as i knew him through my stablehand work :) i was just lucky he actually came home to me :)

11. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Super cute anyway! Must be getting to be a few Shire X 's in WA I'll have to go tell my old boy he's not so unique anymore.:D

12. Pipsqueak

Pipsqueak Active Member

He is gorgeous!!! Must be a wonderful feeling getting him going so nicely- you can put up as many pics of him as you like :D

13. F.adila

Hehe thanks everyone :) it's the best feeling having him working well!

Just a few more pics, but this time of us first time jumping!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Nicki

Nicki Well-known Member

Gosh what a beautiful horse and he has a very nice jump too looks like he knows what he's doing already, what us old farts used to call a 'natural' dunno if that term is used anymore lol. Please do keep us updated with progess and lots of pics of your lovely boy because he is definite eye-candy!

15. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Looking good :)

Is his mane growing back from being hogged?

16. F.adila

Yes poor boy got a hair cut when he first arrived home as his mane was just feral lol :)