Zara the Super Pony Update......PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Training Horses' started by GoneRama, Dec 6, 2011.

1. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Well I've had Zara for 3 weeks now and she's just going superb. I've been a bit slack with taking photos but today had my sister out there for Zara's first cruise out in the big wide world...... of course I had to share some piccies :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GRASSSSSSS also an 'I'm not listening moment' but looks rather good as though she's stretching down into the contact, yeah we'll call it that!

[​IMG]
    Blurry but I love this pic.

[​IMG]
    Cute wittle pony.

[​IMG]

2. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

[​IMG]
    We even found third gear....... then found a four wheel drive rut/ditch and found the brakes and discovered my lower leg is might effective in keeping me on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love this pony. Nothing phases her and she's been taking the starting process in her stride. Very bold forward going pony and if anyone wanted a first horse to break in this would be the best one to start. Makes my job sooooo much easier when they're like this.

Thanks for looking, no real point to this thread other than YAYYYYYYYYY.

3. Salinero

Salinero Well-known Member

aww...she is a cutie! Good job you have done with her! **)

4. Go the Distance

Go the Distance Well-known Member

She is looking good GR. I can see her doing endurance too:D. How tall is she again? I know you put it in your original thread but I can't remember:eek:. She looks much more confident now and sure of herself. Well done with what you have done with her.

BTW GR you look very happy doing what you love too. Good to see:)).

5. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Thanks Nat :) I haven't measured her (or any of the other horses here) yet but I reckon she's just on 14hh at the moment.

I love working with the youngsters however I am itching to hop on a horse that's fully broken in and just go for a hoon, having said that, we're going to pick up my good old horse from Bega between christmas and new year :D Can't wait!!!!

6. Wizard

Wizard Active Member

until i actually REALLY got into horses, always had this picture of "Breaking In" with cowboys on bucking mad horses haha, its so cool horses can really just accept you on their backs :)

7. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

yup and this filly did just that Wizard :)

I try and set them up so they don't buck with their first rider, if I think they're going to buck when I hop on them then I aint' getting on ;)

8. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Doing a great job, loving the scenery - once again LOL!!