Zamia Encouragement Gymkhana

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by simbin, Jun 11, 2008.

1. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Zamia ARC are having an encouragement gymkhana on the 22nd June. We have invited Gidgegannup, Bakers Hill, Avon and Woorooloo I think. :)

Just wondering if any stockies are coming? Should be a really fun day. *#)

2. safs_mum

safs_mum Well-known Member

I'm *thinking* about coming. Not sure yet. I don't jump or do games, and he's not a 'hacky' type in the least :) Might come for some fun though lol

3. simbin

simbin Gold Member

It really is a "fun" day there are even classes for those who dont win ribbons. I wont have ridden my boy for 2 weeks actually the last time was at the ARC challenge lol.

4. fuddles

fuddles Well-known Member

l plan to go :)
    l need to get the younger horse out so should be a great place to start her.
    you will recoize her as the big boofy pally with boofy plaits (wish there was a embarrassed face to put up )never have plaited her before .

and does it have to be club uniform since l havent one as yet, hopefully at riding club this weekend there will be some spares

tho can you just make sure the weather is sunny and about 22C :)) anyway l plan to be there

5. crave

crave Well-known Member

I'm going...OMG first "show" in 30 years. Will probably end up laughing my head off or on the ground LOL. Taking our liver chestnut galloway who's a bit of a nutter but what the hell, might as well give it a go. I even put myself down for a couple of jumping rounds, but will see how we go on the day. Trying to con my daughter into plaiting his tail as I'm hopeless. Ok on the mane though so shouldnt embaress myself too much in that department just the riding bits. Hopefully will have a fun day.

6. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

Would've loved to have gone to this, seeing as it would have been a 10 minute ride away...But Ted is out on spell, living it up as a real horse, so no encouragement day for me :( Gah, and they never hold any shows at Zamia...

7. GiGi

GiGi Guest

is there a program posted somewhere for this one ?

8. finding_nemo

finding_nemo Active Member

Gigi We sent the program to the adult riding club committees who were supporsed to forward it on to their members. Contact your president and ask them for it. If not I can send you one. It cost $30.00 for the day if we receive the entries by the 18th of June or $40.00 if you pay on the day.

Fuddles, plaiting is recommended but not compulsary and if you don't have a club uniform just wear a nice shirt. We just don't want any hacking jackets as it will make it all too formal.

Bon and Ted, Zamia intends to start holding a few of these types of events as well as informal dressage and jumping training days.

9. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Well finding Nemo I hope Wanneroo are invited next time;)

Will contact you tomorrow re arena:D

10. simbin

simbin Gold Member

HaHa Bon and Ted. I'm there now and I'm pretty sure some of the other committee members are pretty new so its a new committee, lots of new ideas and we love competition. So youre not riding at the moment. I'm still at Zia but dont know for how long may be moving to a property.

11. fuddles

goodo just looking for noice shirt rite now ;) now to start kleaning the dirty palli wish it was easy as finding a klean noice shirt :)

12. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Which club are you from? What size are you? I could maybe help with a shirt. PM me :D

13. fuddles

gidgie

its fine asherly have some noice shirts somewhere l think, if not will have to squeeeeeeze in to daughters shirt. how embarrassment

thanks for the offer

will write out the entry and post it off as it looks loik l have thrown my self in it :)

14. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Thats great look forward to seeing you there.

15. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Anyone else coming :D

16. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

well i would love too, but after our loading this arvo i will have to see how he goes this week, cant be stranded there with a horse that wont load grrrr...

17. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Thats ok would be plenty of people willing to help. Do you know Jacquie she goes to your club and is a friend of mine.

18. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

I know the name simbin, but i cant place names with faces im terrible like that, also cos im new i havnt yet got to speak to everyone yet, tho i think thats cos im too quiet (till ya know me me mates rekn LOL)

Does she ride a buckskin???

the old brains whirring away now LOL

i think she'd def know me (maybe) cos billy stands out and if she was at our last rally, i was on a pony who would dart sideways/backwards like a lightning streak LOL

19. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Yeah she does a buckskin arab mare.

20. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

ahhhh cool :)

I think i know which lady she is now :D

will be keeping me eyes peeled next rally for her :)