Zac update

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by amandasmith, Jan 14, 2013.

1. amandasmith

amandasmith Well-known Member

Its been a while since I did an update of my first and only bubba Zevaldee, aka Zac. He is now a 2yo and is about 15.3hh at the moment so has overtaken his mum already (she is 15.2hh). I still think of him as my little midget though.

His summer holidays got interupted with us taking him to the dilute state champs last weekend where he won his futurity class for the second year running. This was a very proud moment for me as he was up against three other stunning 2yos all of whom were more than worthy of the win (I was very impressed with the quality in that class!). He then went on to win his buckskin gelding 3 years and under under both judges and then went champion and supreme under one judge and res champ under the other judge (the lovely Xtroadinare Of Sefton beat him and went supreme under the other judge).

I almost didn't take him as he wacked his shin a few weeks before and still had a nice lump but was told I was taking him so I did as I was told :D

His behaviour left a little to be desired as his little girlfriend was also at the show but he managed to hold it together for the most part thanks to Shakhaan!

Of course what you are all actually waiting for...a couple photos courtesy of Sabuny...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one courtesy of Mirawee...

[​IMG]

2. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I have to say (with utmost respect to all photographers), those photos don't do him justice!! He can MOVE!!! Just drifts across the arena so effortlessly. I don't envy you the riding of him later on amadasmith :D

3. amandasmith

Thanks Wattle. I've already enlisted Shakhaan as crash test dummy after he's broken in :). He's only just starting to get the confidence to start moving out at shows. His mum has huge movement too so hopefully I will survive!

4. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

LOL Wattle, in the photographers' defense it it hard to take decent photos in the indoor at Brookleigh :D Particularly when the judges decide to trot the horses in the "wrong" direction or the ponies decide they don't want to trot :p So many horses that day were mucking around, even experienced ones, maybe because it was so nice and cool inside?

He is looking great though and has such wonderful presence :)

5. NaeNae87

NaeNae87 Well-known Member

Wow! What a looker :)

He is a stunning boy!

6. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

Wow! What a beautiful horse :wub:

7. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

God I love him! :D he's simply stunning!

Congratulations on your excellent results!

8. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

You're only one?... you have produced a quality animal that far exceeds some of the horses that are produced by the professionals. LOL**)

He looks great!

9. Trojane

Trojane Well-known Member

He sure is eye-catching. Congratulations! :)

10. smash

smash Well-known Member

Oh i just love this horse !!!!! he has the most cuuutest little ears !!!!.
    i so want to steal Zac !!!!
    )))waves at trojane((((( i have my computer back now :)

11. amandasmith

Thanks everyone. I am really happy with him - he's my baby boy.

I had never planned on breeding but decided that Kym was worth giving it a go and definitely hasn't disappointed me. I am really happy with my choice of stallion too - he and Kym definitely made a nice cross! I only bred for me and I don't have any plans myself of breeding Kym again - she gave me exactly what I ordered :D

12. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

Very, very noice!! **)

13. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

he is quite spectacular. his mummy is very talented!

congrats on his good results, mate. woweeee! can't WAIT to see him under saddle.

14. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

gees he's maturing into a lovely horse now { from a gangly foal} ;) Its been lovely watching yours & his journey over the last few years & I'm looking forward to more years of photos to come **)

Congrats !:wub:

Cheers
    Lee

15. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Absolutely love this boy! Geez he is looking good!

16. NLEC

NLEC Well-known Member

Wow! He is something magical isn't he! :D :D

17. Shakhaan

Shakhaan Well-known Member

He's a good boy, easy to manage **) Was such a shy baby, developing confidence and personality on a daily basis now in his 'happy herd' :) The hardest thing with him is not allowing him to get "hack fat" as that's spells disaster for joints at his age... he's quite a good doer when not mid growth spurt!

Can't wait to ride him, and unlock the 'big' trot that I know he's got :))

18. EVP

EVP Gold Member

A very handsome boy. You should be very proud. **)

19. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

Is it possible to have some progression photos? Like weaning, 1yo and now as a 2yo? i remember what he was like, but think it'd be really interesting to see all the changes.

He really is lovely, a credit to both you and Kym! ;)

20. amandasmith

I think I can do that for you, however you have to keep in mind I am photographically challenged and am a bad mummy who doesn't take many photos...

Zac at minus 11 months :D
    [​IMG]

1 day old
    [​IMG]

5 days old
    [​IMG]

16 days
    [​IMG]

4.5 months
    [​IMG]

6.5 months
    [​IMG]