Zac - DNA Results

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by amandasmith, Aug 24, 2010.

1. amandasmith

amandasmith Well-known Member

Woohoo. I just got Zac's DNA results back from Animal Genetics and it is confirmed he is...

BUCKSKIN

I didn't think I minded either way although when I saw the email my stomach was in my throat... Extremely happy :D

2. mineees

mineees Gold Member

wooooooooohooooooooooooo...congrats...:))

3. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

YAAAAYYYY!!!! Whooo! A dilute! Wicked! Congrats!!!!!

4. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

Congrats..... either way he is a lovely horse, but I am not surprised he is a buckskin, thought that all along :)

5. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

YAY
    BONUS!!!

(isnt it great someone goes and tests their foal to be sure, and many horses go around being called the wrong colour!!) it's not expencive is it? US$25 or something?

6. amandasmith

Thanks :eek:. I felt kind of stupid when people asked me what colour my new foal was and I couldn't actually answer them. Plus I needed to know before I could do all his regos (although now I have to figure out what his sock is going to look like - do you just draw in where the pink skin stops? When I got him used to the hose the other day it looked like it is just going to be slightly higher than the coronet).

The cream testing only was $25 US.

7. Congratulations! What a bonus!:))

8. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Nice added bonus for a lovely foal:)*

9. Jadelise

Jadelise Well-known Member

YAY! So gorgeous anyway :)

10. Tintara

Tintara Well-known Member

Congratulations :). I did think he was starting to look more buckskin in the last lot of photos I saw but you can't beat a DNA test under these circumstances.

You usually take the markings from the white hair; the extent of the underlying pink skin only becomes an issue for dilute rego when the markings are borderline for eligibility.

11. amandasmith

Hmm. Might have to wait until his legs go black then. It looks like he is going to have a white coronet on his near hind but don't know exactly how high it will go.

The moths are starting to get to him already so hopefully it won't be too long before his coat change.

12. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Woohoo thats awesome! :D

13. kelly

kelly Well-known Member

are you gelding him?

14. amandasmith

Definitely. There are enough nice stallions out there and I definitely don't need the hassle of trying to find places to keep a stallion or the other "hassles" associated with testosterone!