Your Thoughts On Keeping a Stallion Entire?

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Coliban Quarter Horse Stud, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

no its not.... its two

breed/buy colt OR continue to use outside stallions

so get a colt or dont!!! :)* i know what i am saying u may not tho :}

2. hehehe you two! lol!
    PBB if you get a QH colt, you can breed QHs for yourself and let Razzy use him on her Arabs:))* ) but only if she is nice to you! lol!
    Quarabs are getting more and more popular, they are great performance horses!
    (ducks for cover:) )
    Lena

3. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

I had a Quarab and he was awesome!! Stocky, strong, endurance to the max (kinda had the arab head carriage though which was smally scary when headin towards large jumps!!). By the time I sold him he was soooo fit!! And a buckskin so nice n pretty

4. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I had a Quarab.
    Best most loyal horse I have ever come by. Loved him so much I suffered depression after I lost him an can barely mutter his name without choking in tears.
    Quarabs are awesome.

5. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

Have to agree Quarabs are great :)

this is Skitos first pony ....a 14.1hh Quarab gelding

image[​IMG]

Jumping 1.25 in a 6 Bar Comp :)

Thanks to CCDC for the photo

We really loved our boy too ....still do LOL, but get to see him out & about. Skito got to see him at Gero, kicking butt recently :)

6. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

has sue been talking to u.....!!
    my arabs will not be tainted by QH's *#)

oh yer zoo........NO :D

its hard enough with one qh nutcase let alone more!!!!

7. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

la la la not listening la la la

i hate the word quarab!!! damn americans bringing there naming/language here!! is just to hard to say arab X qh....

raz is techincally "quarab" but i wont have her rego'd it nor be called it!!!

ICK!!!!!!

8. hehehe Razzie:)
    it seems to sound strange for starters:)* .but...
    The more you'll think about it the more comfortable with the idea you'll get! Lol!
    And NO! Zoo hasn't mention a a word about QUARABS Lol!:)*
    lena*#)

9. playin bb

playin bb New Member

why taint quarter horses with nutty arabs! it would be like a ticking time bomb, all quiet one minute and like an explosion the next! anyway who needs one i already got a real quarter horse that can move better than some pure arabs!

10. PBB
    you are NOT a wise man! Lol!:)

11. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

he likes to walk on thin ice some times hey lena??!!

lol

12. playin bb

playin bb New Member

i know, having the balls to say things as they are gets me in trouble sometimes! Hehe look at the last thread! (jokes)

13. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

**waits for a mod to bash pbb with a stick**

hahaha

14. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

WTF ???

*citygirl is now rolling around on the floor tring not to wet herself laughing*

hey Bi**h ????? :p *#)

he he he

cheers
    Lee

15. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

Firstly Arabs are not nutty :) Secondly Quarabs are very very popular & would have to say the Quarab we had is one of the quietest horses we have ever owned.
    He would excel in pony dressage because of the beautiful floating movement the Arab in him brought him. He has the quiet mind & some of the solidness of a QH.
    Quarabs & other Arabs & Arab crosses perform exceptionally well in the USA in Western classes. They are great reiners, cutters etc but also great performance horses in English disaplines.
    The Americans are now crossing QH's with the Aundalusion ( called Aztecs) for the same reason they crossed them with the Arab & the resulting horses are also doing well.
    It is for the same reason people cross TB's & QH. The cross bring to the horse characteristics that refine the QH, while keeping the same quiet mind & work ethic but give them different movement, height, speed a different type of athletic ability etc.
    The same as people breed heavy / draft horse into lines for added bone, but still like to keep 3/4 TB or other breed.
    If the crosses were not so popular I doubt names would have neem developed & I doubt people would specifically breed them. :)

16. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

We had a Quarab before the word existed she didn't necessarily get the best of both worlds conformation wise, but boy could she jump the most honest pony and the best confidence builder ever, she is still 'taking' kids round courses now at twenty something something.

17. playin bb

playin bb New Member

was only kiddin, just tryin to stir a lil! they ok, personally i wouldnt buy one but yeah they would be very good sport horses!

18. PPH

PPH Guest

haha PBB, you went fishing and caught more than you thought lol.

19. playin bb

playin bb New Member

i know,its too much for one guy to take down a forum of women, they stick together like glue. that why i pick them off one by one! lol plus women are trained from childhood to take on guys so they have a lil more experience!

20. hey, PBB:)
    Supposing:)* you were looking to buy a stud colt for yourself:), What breed, type and bloodlines you'd be looking for?
    Razzie,:)*
    what would you buy?
    and the last question:) when you are done with domestics, what would you both consider acquiring to suit your mares?
    Lena:D