Your thoughts appreciated

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by holistichorse, Nov 8, 2008.

1. holistichorse

holistichorse Well-known Member

I'm so glad that people like the Walk/Trot over 18yrs!!!
    I thought it would be a good idea **)

2. Janet

Janet Guest

Adult Walk Trot is VERY popular. we just had a beginners day (hacking) and the biggest classes were in the Adult Walk Trot.
    Same for our encouragemnt dressage days, Adult Prep classes are huge.

Its a great way to get back into comp without the pressure of having to have that canter spot on. In my case my creaky hips have to try to unlock to sit to my horses way too bouncy canter...LOL

Hopefully you will be able to run the class.

3. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

7am start would be great !!!!

No dogs would be great also.**)

4. paintedhoney

paintedhoney Well-known Member

i will be giving it a go this year on my western horse, haha ha ha ah should be good for a laugh.... all sounds good Jess!!

5. 3ponies

3ponies Well-known Member

Jess, is this just for the dressage?

6. holistichorse

Yeah, just for Dressage!! **)
    Jump WA is running the Showjumping *#)

7. lhuband

lhuband Guest

does anyone know eh the summer series dates are?

8. holistichorse

January 11th & 18th
    February 1st & 8th **)

9. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

I know there are large numbers but would it be possible to have all training tests in the morning starting early (eg. 7-8am) and all official classes in the afternoon with a break during the hottest part of the day? I think this was the original idea with the first couple of series but it faded out when numbers increased so not sure its possible now ...

This is a bit of an "out there" idea but would the organisers consider a discount sceme so that if you have been the first 2 weeks you have an x lower entry fee, if you've been the first 3 weeks you have an x lower entry fee for the final? Just a thought .... Kind of like a rewards program **).

Also, HH - did you get my email? :p

10. pso

pso Gold Member

shoosh springbok...

official in the cool morning is a much better idea!;):p:D

11. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Oh right .... silly me ..... Back to the box it is then .... :eek: .

12. pso

pso Gold Member

lol, nah...dont need the box (unless you want to throw it at me?)...I meant better for me!*#) Purely selfish idea!:p

13. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

I vote for Associate/training in the morning and official grades later on as well. :)

I do most of my year's volunteer gear checking at Summer Series (4 weeks in a row!) and always do the afternoon shift (into the night), but for the last 2 or 3 yrs this has meant giving up actually competing (can't gear check and ride as well). The first few years of Summer series it worked out well as I could ride my Associate tests in the morning and then take Remy home and come back for a good afternoon of helping.

I do not have a Working with Children card nor am I an accredited PC gear checker, so tend not to to volunteer for kids classes, which are generally in the morning. So, yep, I would vote for Associate/training tests in the morning, purely because it suits MOI. :p

PS... and damn, I got excited by the $100 prize money for officials! I was thinkin' yay, gear checkers get a $100! Come on, Jess... :D

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  14. holistichorse

Sorry all, due to the fact that that it is a LOT harder to get official judges, & the official classes are more expensive (not to mention the harder FEI ones) the official are currently in the morning with training and kids in the avo. Prelim official and training are in one arena and novice official/training in the other so I haven't 100% decided which way these go, it all depends on who schmoozes me better :)*
    Sorry Springbok, I did get your email but haven't 100% decided what I'm doing yet so havent replied!! hehe also, the comp ran from 8am til 8:30pm non stop this year, so if you want it to finish at midnite then a break would be fine, but not with the amount of competitors we have!!!!

And Lin, we have two sponsors next year (DSR & Cavaletti) just looking after the vollies, so who knows what''s possible!!! I seem to recall it's hard to give you a reward of any kind anyway!!!! :D:D