Your strengths...

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Tam, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Tam

Tam Well-known Member

What do you think your strengths as a rider are? also, which is your bad side? i find that my right is my bad side (which is strange as i am right handed) One of my strengths would have to be sitting out bucks- plenty of practice!! another would have to be riding extended trot (which i love so that helps) and probably my best- even though its useless for dressage is my 3 and 2 point positions, feels just like riding a rocking horse!

2. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

My favourite side is the right although I've done alot of practice lately to the left so I'm now rusy on my right. My strength too would have to be riding the buck out. Also another one of my strengths would be reading the horses body language and not even know it. So most horses I work with we work pretty well. I read their ears ect just like a normal horse would...

~§Arnie§~

3. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

mum always tells me that for someone who doesnt ride very often i manage to stay in the saddle pretty well!!

4. The Old Grey Mare

The Old Grey Mare Active Member

i would say i have good hands when riding, & i don't get upset when things go wrong.

5. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

I'm pretty good at teaching people to ride. Just the basics but quickly. I used to work at a ranch and take 8-14 tourists out. Often they couldnt even speak english, let alone ride a horse! I soon learnt how to teach them because it became a matter of life and death!!! WATCH THE TREEE!!!!

After an hour or two, most of them could just about turn, stop and push a horse forwards at walk and sometimes a trot. They soon learn how to stay on!

Its funny i could co-ordinate a ride like that but i still cant walk straight=)

6. echo

echo Well-known Member

Hey one thing im pretty strong with is, bucking aswell and rearing, my horse used to alwyas rear its actually not that hard bit like jumping i spose..

Mel and Echo

7. Stormy

Stormy Well-known Member

I think one of my strenghts is being able to get on any horse and ride it reasonably well, by this I mean that i don't demand i find out what works for the horse and ride them that way. Another would be the rears (i have a games pony who does this at start lines) and bucks. and I think my position is pretty good.