Your Stable Sizes...

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Arnie, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

G'day guys. I'm interested in hearing from people with stables (without yards) on what the dimentions are and what size horses you have stabled.

Thanks in advance :D.

2. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

Stable dimensions

Hi Arnie,

I am currently getting stables built and after looking at other's stables and shire council regs etc, I decided on 4m x 4m, 2.7 high. The smallest recommended ( is 3.7 x 3.7x 2.75) by NSW dept of Ag:

Guidelines for minimum standards for keeping horses in urban areas (Factsheet 16) | NSW Department of Primary Industries

but as the colourbond comes in 4m widths I decided to go with that. I have seen some as small as 3m x 3m, but looked way too small to me, not enough room for a average sized horse to roll safely, though she did have yards attached.

Sim

3. dressagedivaII

dressagedivaII Well-known Member

Mine are 5x4 and verrrrrrry high (dont know how many meters) and i have very biggg horses, they give them a perfect amount of space to stroll around and sleep:D.

4. pso

pso Gold Member

mine are 4m x 6m...with an 8m x 10 m WIWO yard (they are never locked in)

research has shown that horses sleep better in rectangular stables (how the heck do you ask a horse how well it slept???)*#)

ETA...mine are 17hh++

5. myst

myst Active Member

Stable Size

Two stables are 4 metres by 4 metres and one is 5 metres by 4 metres. We have two warmbloods, one 16-1hh and one 16-2hh and one 14-3hh Anglo in them. They are a nice size for a big horse, plenty of room to move and lay down.:))