your opinion PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by aleece89, Feb 18, 2010.

1. MiniChicky

MiniChicky New Member

Yeah i think i'll just turn my head and hope they don't see it.. I don't mind either way i am only going for the experience.. :)

2. aleece89

aleece89 New Member

just thought i clear the air I AM a born and bred wa girl i have lived in wa for my whole life did do 2 yrs FORCED IN VIC by family but as soon as i could get out i did back to wa yaya i live in armadale yes that is not by choice but i still live wa
    And in vic and nsw it is a very different show scene would any of you compete OFFICIAL in a big show in a wintec 500 dressage saddle and expect to win a hack class or even a best presented ??? Well over their this is done !!
    so yes their is a different

3. IbanezGirl

IbanezGirl Well-known Member

you call us the "wait awhile" state, but from what you are saying our showing standards are higher. is anyones elses head starting to hurt? :}

4. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

hmm not too sure about this one...

5. aleece89

aleece89 New Member

y dose it matter wat ur riding in if you horse is the best on the day that is that.
    If your have your horse immaculate your gear and your self Y should it matter that ur saddle is synthetic and not worth more then $2000

6. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Aleece, I have won classes in WA riding in a wintec saddle... what is your point?

7. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

:}:}:}
    Well said :)) I am not even from Australia and I wouldn't even think about bagging WA here - its just not right :D

on the pericings, take them out, they look tacky and cheap IMHO. and if you can do well over east with them in then that shows that they have no standards

8. tsarbrina

tsarbrina Well-known Member

From the safety point take them out.
    From the asthetic point I personally can't stand the look of them and to my way of thinking it shows a lack of respect to the judge that you haven't presented yourself in the best possible manner.

9. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I have my lip pierced & show like that.
    Now i could say "oh i don't give a shite what others say, it's my choice like it or lump it".. but really i forget it's there, have not had a judge comment & we've always done well. Best Presented classes i guess could be a factor but we rarely enter them.

It is my choice to show like that, but i also have tatts on my arm, i do most times have them covered but i have shown in tops with 3/4 length sleeves. Again i completely forgot whats on my arms & i've not had anyone comment, i can remove the bit of metal, but not the ink. It's my choice to be like this & i will NOT give up showing because of it.
    I believe i present myself nicely thankyou very much tsarbrina considering, my outfit is clean & tidy & i'm not someone with "clean skin" so i do the best i can. :)

As for tacky, i guess some of the skimpy outfits alot of the showies wear (halter) is tacky, i don't wanna see boobs popping out, or short skirts (without stockings) & i don't need to see what colour undies (or G!!!! :eek:) you have on at all, if you even are wearing any.... or short tops so when you run, your big tummy jumps out & wiggle jiggles over the show (i have a big belly, i hide it ;)).

We all have our opinion on this & mine is - as long as i'm tidy & my horse is too, i'm sorry but i'm not removing my piercing (unless of course a judge asked) & well the tatts..... LOL! :D
    I have a harder time in the ring concentrating as i'm deaf in my right ear (majority of the time it's the ear closest to the judge (in workouts etc) & making sure i can hear the judge, than worrying about the small piece of metal in my lip. :(

10. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

agree totally wit u Remaani...

In the end you are there to show your HORSE.Abit of metal really shouldnt come into it if u are presented neatly.

Minichicky dont stress about the nose ring.There are PLENTY of ppl out there with Nose rings.

11. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Totally agree.

More to say but I'd just be boiling the pot :p.

12. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

armadhole? Anyway...

From the EFA 2007 Showhorse Rules Guidelines:
    "Jewellery (sp), hair & makeup: Hair should be neat and tidy, accessories should not be obtrusive, makeup should be tasteful"

So, if the piercing are 'obtrusive', then take them out... if not, leave them in.

However, for Leading Rein Pony: Rider; Earrings are not acceptable

For Formal & Junior Turnout: No jewelery (sp) should be worn

ps... someone at EWA needs to do a speel check! lol

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  13. Remaani

Remaani Guest

LOL!!!

I think in Breed Showing for instance, more importance should be placed on people/horses entering the RIGHT classes, making sure Rego's/memberships are current.... that get's my blood boiling, those entering classes they are not eligible for, or showing stallions with a Breed Society you MUST be a current (financial!!) member off etc etc.
    Or underweight horses being shown etc. Or sticking to the Breeds SOE etc.
    To me, those topics are more important to me, another topic maybe but i'm sure we've been there & back, lol.... :D

As for boiling the pot, see no need as it's a great topic with many varied opinions, so why boil the pot - wanna do that that, stay in the kitchen. ;)

14. mineees

mineees Gold Member

:eek::eek::eek:...you never told me you had tatts...:p

15. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Gather you've not seen the halo on my head neither? (hidden behind the devil ears!) :D

Funny thread as i was going thru some jewellery & found a clear plastic piercing i could use which i think i will for the big breed shows. Least it won't be as easily seen. ;)

16. mineees

mineees Gold Member

17. Jonty3

Jonty3 Guest

Only for safety, please take them out!