your opinion PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by aleece89, Feb 18, 2010.

1. aleece89

aleece89 New Member

hey i haven't shown in wa for over 3 yrs:)
    I don't know what is been the go here:confused:
    I have dual lower lip piercings and a eyebrow piercings
    In VIC AND NSW i would just leave them in but what WA ??:confused::confused:
    in or out??*#)
    one lip is about 9 months since pierced and the other is 6months eyebrow is a year??
    Will they heal in one day ??I cant afford to buy clear ones this week
    the show is the STB show
    can you please give your opinion i wont mind BUT i know a few of you are judges do these matter to a judge??#(**)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  2. samm

samm Gold Member

Personally,when I judge, I not looking at you I looking at the horse(unless it handler class).The only thing that concerns me is the safety aspect of having a piercing in around horses.So I would say out.

3. Obviously this isnt a pc show. but if it was you would be required to take them out.. or i use to tape them :)

But if it was me i would be taking them out, they tend to not be so safe around horses :)

4. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

id take them out for the look of it,
    are you doing inhand, ridden or both?? if your worried about them healing up, just take it out before you class and back in after, then if your doing ridden, take it out and back in after your classes have finished

5. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Out Out Out

I would be offended if i was judging, if you came into my ring with a facial pearcings. Call me old fashioned or a bit of a granny - but i hate facial pearcings at the best of times - let alone in the show ring.

6. corporate pride

corporate pride Well-known Member

i think u should take them out just before the class and in straight after, it doesn't look very showy. i got my traggus pierced and have to take that out for eventing and my earrings but i leave my belly ring in.

7. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

Totally and utterly agree with Scorpio on this one - it just looks tacky! One of the funniest things I've ever seen was someone who had coordinated their facial piercings with their bband and stock - looked hilarious!

You're aiming for an elegant and classy picture overall in the show ring, facial piercings don't fit in. Also the safety factor is important.

8. Mater

Mater Well-known Member

Out- for safety reasons. Most sports have a policy of no piercings (or any jewellery), and I would put horse riding in the sport category.

9. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

W.A. would have done fine thanks #(

10. aleece89

aleece89 New Member

hey not offending WA love it here but everything here is a little slower then every where else IE they have taken the v8s and stuff just seems to take longer and we are so behind in the times BUT i love it here more then any other state

11. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Wait a while and you live in armadhole, clearly you are so happy joy joy joy to be here.
    Staggers me that a v8 in WA is faster if it drives over the border and visa versa, do they get an engine exchange at Eucla?

I bet your parents have forced you to be here?

Welcome to the forum, but your in the wrong place if you want to start crying about WA, seeing as how this forum is WA based and so are 98% of its members.

12. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Shar I was thinking it but just couldn't be bothered posting it *#)
    :}

Editted to add - getting back to the original topic, I'm not a judge but I couldn't agree with Scopio more.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
  13. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

well, it seems in fact, you are actually offending some people, so perhaps the downer WA comments are best left off your threads and we will then all be more than happy to chat horses and other stuff with you all day. :D

14. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Basically it is all about respect and safety. It is not respectful to the judge to be wearing masses of jewellery and it is not safe either. I can't see that changing across borders either or maybe in WA riders are taught to be more respectful (purely tongue in cheek ;) )

15. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

ZaZa we all know that my OCD requires that I MUST comment lol.

16. kathera

kathera Active Member

LOL - it appears you touched a nerve! Gees guys tis an old saying for WA..

Anyway - cheap alternative is fishing line for clear piercings, as much as it bugs me that people would judge this - isnt it more about riding / horse etc, its just how it is and if you want to get anywhere you have to conform....

As for safety, yes it probably is a risk, but one that you can choose and shouldnt be told by others - assuming you are adult, not PC event - if you fell off and ripped a piercing out in the process then your problem :) as would be mine for me.

17. IbanezGirl

IbanezGirl Well-known Member

#(on the WA comments.

but back on track i have facial piercings as well, and would most definatly take out my lip stud for shows. as for my little nose stud, i would leave it in only because it's taking it's sweet time to heal.

but for snake bites and the eyebrow piercings, take them out!! your lip wont heal over in the space of a few hours.

18. Double Helix

Double Helix Well-known Member

I guess WA people are quite patriotic :) Shame extended trading hours and daylight saving are not considered worthwhile. ha ha ha Not trying to start a debate but it is a common saying - maybe not in WA though!

I can't see why it would matter though what state you are in, I am sure judges all over the country have similar "ideals" about what looks good in the show ring.

19. MiniChicky

MiniChicky New Member

This is a good question i didn't even think. I am also going to the standardbred show and i have a nose piercing i have only just got about a month ago how would i hide it as it isn't healed and i dont' want to take it out. Or would it be okay cause it is still smallish?? Also is it the same rules applya s pony club no jewellery or can you wear wedding rings and stud earings??

20. IbanezGirl

IbanezGirl Well-known Member

minichicky if it was only done a month ago i would not be taking it out. nose piercings are the worst to heal and are known to get all infected. if you are going in best presented you may be marked down. but if it's nice and small and either gold or silver i dont see a problem. just remember to smile!!