Your most memorable "Royal" moments (happy)

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Elanda, Oct 4, 2008.

1. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Mine would be from thursday when we took our 5yo daughter Malory. She wasnt due to ride till 3pm so we spent the morning doing things with her ( it was her first time ever at a royal show) we took her to the kiddiland rides and just watching the excitement and pure joy when she went on the rides was priceless.**)
    im just uploading photos now so will post a few soon.

2. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

obhh she is a cutie was nice to meet you and also mo5 will hav a chat next time we meet **) **)

3. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Yes, nice to meet you as well LB. Its nice to put a face to posts that you read and have no idea who the person is. !!:p

well here are some photos of Malory enjoying her kiddiland rides.
    [​IMG]
    the compulsary merry go round.:p
    [​IMG]
    My OH and i laughed at her on this one as her eyes were spinning around just as fast as the ride, thank goodness she hadnt eaten yet>!!
    [​IMG]
    and it had to be the pink car she rode or no car at all.:D

4. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

I would have to say my best moment from this year was pulling OUT of the showgrounds at 7.30pm to go home LOL*#)

5. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

AWWWWW!! Miss M looks sooo cute as usual!
    (Good on her supporting the team with the PC hat hehe)

6. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

mine would have to be the WHOLE thing :D from start to finish... meeting a heap of stockies, camping over night, Chloe behaving so well, laughing our heads off in the haunted house :D watching Remaani show mineees filly to supreme, girls,girls girls and the other riders all lit up galloping around the arena, oooh just everything!!!

well prehaps not the trip home....soooooooo tired

7. Larrikan

Larrikan Well-known Member

My Highlight of the show was showing my own pony to champ apsb ridden! and hanging out wit family and friends was awsome!especially at my first royal **) **) :D

8. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

ooooh which one was your girl???

please tell :)

off to scan piccies for a pretty lil girl...

9. madcow

madcow Guest

I have a bit of a love/hate thing going with every Royal.

This year I was so stoked with my new babies first Royal performance. He'd only ever been to 2 little shows previously and led a bit of a sheltered life. He took it all in his stride and was a real pleasure. Dougie even looked like he was falling asleep out on the main arena.

My hack is a Royal veteran of 10 years however can be a bit 'special' at the smallest of shows. He has had a lot of injuries this year and hadn't been worked for months. He had one lunge and a 20 min ride the day before his first day at the show. Considering the circumstances he was awesome and worked well in every workout. He was a bit naughty for his led class (sorry sharla:( )but nothing on previous years ROFLMO.

Had great company from lots of good friends. I even did my first ever show dog grooming on one day (How was I to know that they want the under coat left there and not groomed out?:confused: hehe)

I don't judge a good show by what ribbons you win. Showing is so subjective that you should be happy with your horses good performances and if you get a ribbon it's just a bonus.

The best part of the Royal though is a hot shower and a cuppa when it's all over and a BIG sleepin the next morning.

10. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

hmmm watching Buckleberry at the end of the Gelding class? hahahaa*#)

11. Troppo

Troppo Well-known Member

Mine is not horsey. Going in the dress-up calf comp a while back and dressing the calf up as a BBQ. We all went in in blue wife basher singlets and stubbie shorts or boardies, beer in hand, esky/chair in the other and planted ourself in the middle of the cattle ring. Chris Mainwaring was judging and when it came to calling out first place the other guys were haggling me to 'flash' him' although I completely refused. Somebody called out Chris's name and when the whole crowd was looking our way I thought what the hell, closed my eyes and up went the top! Not as bad as it sounds as I had a bikini top underneath but I could have died right there from embarressment in the middle of the arena!

We did win first place by the way!

12. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

Hey toppo! I saw that! Ive never forgotton that dress up comp, it was hilarious : )

13. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

Sorry bout the spelling error - troppo.....not toppo : )

14. Sallie

Sallie Well-known Member

Can't decide which was my most memorable Royal

94 was great in the "stock horse ridden gelding class" I was up against about 18 men on their horses and there i was the only female on my little 15.2 show hack. Flying changes and all placed 3rd. Topped that day of buy winnng the Stock horse hack class as well.

95 was just as great. Won my first blue in the hacking , called in 3rd and placed 1st in the leightweight 15. 15.2 class. That day was also topped off in the ladies class. Called in 7th and worked the best ever and placed up to 4th. That i will never forget