Your most memorable "Royal" moments (happy)

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Elanda, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

As a lot of people on here were at the Perth Royal this year, I thought it would be nice to share your most memorable and pleasant moments:)

Mine was when Sonia Johnson came down to the lead rein kids and showed them her medal and had a chat with them all. My daughter was over the moon , really made her day**) ....and when my little pony entered the ring for the first time in ridden....so proud of how he behaved....and catching up with lots of Stockies and helping each other:D

2. bubblez

bubblez Well-known Member

I think my most memorable moment was the whoole of the first Saturday, it was all so new and exciting and Claire and GT did SOOO well! It was the most incredible intro to showing. And I was so incredibly proud of claire who I was strapping for :D

3. naughtydog63

naughtydog63 Well-known Member

The 4am...Sleeping in the asile cause we were totally exhausted. It was totally made worth it, by the kids going, Ohh isn't he pretty as Jag cantered past. Cause Jag is one sexy beast.

4. horseychic

horseychic Well-known Member

Mine is making the whole grand parade this year**) , as when we went in 2006 i did not even get in the parade she played up just outside the tunnel so we went straight back up the tunnel. Very proud of my girl, I have been putting alot of work in to desentising her and it looks to be paying off.

5. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

Mine would defiantely have to be watching the smile on Julia's face when she had finished her inhand with Chantelle. The most amazing thing I've ever seen and so worth all the trouble. I also loved getting to meet new people and helping out wherever I could.

6. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

mine would hav to be wen cara started crying wen savvy won champion it was soooooo sweet and the doorman at the bar thinking i was drunk wen i screamed so loud wen he won pmsl it was midday**) *#)

7. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

For me the entire day was such a thrill, from Chantelles behaviour to meeting Stocky's to seeing the miles of minies, and hanging with TEAM Sharaway lol.

Finding out that Channy likes Orange Juice was funny.

8. Valencia Park Monty

Valencia Park Monty Well-known Member

Mine was the whole day and then getting to ride in my first royal!! it was such a buzz! the grand parade was quite funny i got stuck it the middle doing 360 coz the horse lost the plot heheh! :)

9. samm

samm Gold Member

Mine was getting Bertie Beetle bags from a couple of different stockies and I didn't even go to the show !!lol

10. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Lol!
    Mine wasn't this year, it was in 2000 ( i think) with my first Royal and Saxon won Champion. I was so chuffed! Didn't expect it at all. I loved going as a novice to it all. This year, with Trixies behaviour, I would have to say, watching everyone else was my highlight *#)

11. samm

samm Gold Member

My most memorable and it wasn't from this year ,way back in 91.Our home bred filly went Supreme ASSP at 8 months old.
    I remember putting the pony in the stall and bolting to the nearest phone box to ring my old Dad who was at home. Dad normally came to shows with me but by this stage he was on an oxygen machine and was too sick to come to the show to watch.
    Was the proudest moment ,being able to ring Dad and say "we did it Dad":)

12. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Winning stb gelding way back in the 90's as there was no Champion back then (geldings not considered as breeding stock)

Won a nice engraved decanter and glass set :)

13. fuddles

fuddles Well-known Member

am l allowed to blush

my highlite of this years royal is forgetting to put them in :( but have wonderful memories of past wons :))

14. Remaani

Remaani Guest

2007 Royal going Champion Pinto Filly/Mare with my not-quite-2yo filly Tares. Considering the competition, i'm more than stoked. :))

But i think the best moment was this year & not even my own horse!
    I showed Mineees not-quite-1yo Mini Pony filly to Champion & Supreme.
    Those that truly know Toni, know she's not had the best time lately, so to have her own bred stock compete in strong company & even beating her sire, is just amazing! :))
    I cried, Toni cried, it was just phenomenal.... & Toni deserves it. **)

15. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

samm you brought a tear to my eye with your post, you made me think of my parents i know they would of been just as excited as i was with my miss at her first royal which is my most memorable moments :)

which beats my old one of when i was a little kid and came and saw the coloured (as in pink/purple etc) chickens LOL which i had never seen and was amazed cos none of our chickens were coloured LOL :p

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  16. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

Mine would be leaving and declaring i will never do it again!!!

17. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Even though I didn't compete...

Getting to step onto that big green (for the first time ever) and feel oober important in my sexy white dust coat:D And of course, get to watch Jag and ND63 do a super awesome first round and meet esy and the mighty Liq hehe

18. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Yesterday when Mav and I took the kids to the Royal

Saw Amanda Smith showing her poodle in the dog agility........ what a little spunk!!! Kept stopping to look at everyone!!! The commentator rocked! She was brilliant!!!

The jack russell and the corgie were amazing!

Had to be the highlight for us at this years show......... **)

Showing Dud's seems like a faraway dream now :D

Wouldnt mind stealing Dan James' chestnut stallion...... that is one hell of a stunning horse

Sonja Johnson going out to speak to the lead rein riders was very touching! But also watching her on the stunning bay she rode in the Grand Parade was awesome

19. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

When i went to my first royal show i didnt get a ribbon, but my highlight was going in the grand parade. I thought it was just so prestegious, i will never forget that as a kid.

Nowadays i just love getting my horses in the top placings and it is even better when we win Champion - all the hard work pays off!

20. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

Mine would have to be the whole thing! I never in my wildest dreams thought i would make it, especially with my own pony, we have had a rough trot the past few years and i remember as a little kid watching all the horses and riders dreaming and wishing i was out there and i finally was this year :) it was such a big dream and it finally come true, to make it even better i was absolutely blown away with how my baby behaved and i must admit, i was crying on the sidelines when he won that 1st ribbon