Your favourite trainers/instructors from the ground up

Discussion in 'Training Horses' started by Horseagilitywa, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Horseagilitywa

Horseagilitywa Well-known Member

Hey
    Well our wonderful trainer Jayne Lavender is getting way too busy and can't fit us in everytime she comes up *sigh*....

So would like to know your favourite trainers/instructors that travel... (oh we been searching, now want some other ideas)...

We are an electic group, and like to start from the ground up, some are heading towards campdrafting/western and others (me;)) want to head towards dressage and lower level eventing (like really low lol)...

Who would you recommend... some of us have baby horses and others of us have newly started horses and some have old timers. So like I said an electic group.

Who would you recommend?
    Oh and please keep negative off the page as it will get closed and we generally like to know whose out there. Pm Crafty or I if you are really worried.

2. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

My mother is awesome (didn't think that from about 14 years of age through to about 18/19 years of age though :p ) but unfortunately she is in Northern Victoria and probably wouldn't travel to WA :(

Good luck looking.

3. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

I second Jayne! and also huge fan of Vanessa Hancox. Tho dont think she travels :( I float to her at brigadoon for lesson in indoor arena.
    not sure if don hawkins still around, but he was very good with our sort of methods.

4. Go the Distance

Go the Distance Well-known Member

Mel Fleming is great. She is coming in August to WA and is doing a clinic in Margaret River and Albany, she may come up to you guys if you got enough together.

I went to her last clinic, it was my first clinic in many years and it was fantastic. I learnt heaps. Nellstar(a fellow stocky) also has been to her clinics maybe PM her. I am going to the one in August in Albany.

5. Horseagilitywa

LOL Gonerama... wish I had listened to my mum at that age too.

I know Deb, Jayne rocks, but shes getting too busy now with the horse agility and can't fit everyone in. Plus I'm really keen for others to get lessons with her when she's up and I'll catch her a coupla times a year. I got so much out of her. As for Vanessa, no she doesnt travel this way. Alot won't and I don't blame them.

We run our people around, feed em, make sure they have a nice place between us to stay in the various spots... part of being in the country.

Thanks GTD... will pm Nellstar and google this afternoon. off to play, was gonna do house work...:eek:

6. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

Lou Fransis from Harvey way... is great & does Clinics **)

Cheers
    Lee

7. banjo

banjo Well-known Member

kellie and heath from saltriver...

8. Dusty_Ruby

Dusty_Ruby Active Member

they don't travel as far as I know

9. Horseagilitywa

nah they dont ;) certainly not this far.

Will look up Lou Francis too..
    Thanks heaps guys

10. Diana

Diana Gold Member

Steve Brady might be a go..I don't know how you go about organising/asking him to visit out where you guys are but his clinics are definitely awesome :)

11. banjo

banjo Well-known Member

well i'm in kellerberrin and kellie said if there is enough interest she would do a clinic up here as we have a indoor arena etc at pony club so nearly close enough haha

12. Horseagilitywa

Merriden is doable... we've been known to do mid-night dashes to the vet there as the Kal vet didn't do emergencies (horse and dog).

Thanks guys will chase up!:))

13. Western Ranch

Western Ranch Active Member

We do clinics at your Club as well. Email me for details.

14. Horseagilitywa

Thanks Western Ranch... will look... Yay so many options

15. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

Grrrr I can't have adobe flash player on my iPhone so can look at your site western ranch

16. Horseagilitywa

Crafty will throw the internet USB at you tonight.

17. Black Ice

Black Ice Well-known Member

Ohhh... I might just go live at the Western Ranch!

Hey, Te... am setting up an agility course.... so much fun, too bad Teddy doesnt share my enthusiasm :p

Can't wait to see Jayne this weekend!

18. Horseagilitywa

I think its more fun for us LOL... Luchie likes what I have so far, gonna get the good hoop set up today.