Your Favourite Racehorse???

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by misskel, May 30, 2008.

1. misskel

misskel Well-known Member

So who is everyones favourite racehorse??? One from the past and one from the present??

Mine are,

Past: Lonhro, his win in the Australian Cup was awesome. What a true champion. (His Daddy wasn't half bad either!)

Present: Definitely Apache Cat. God I love that horse. My friend was in Sydney recently strapping a horse and she said that The Cat is awesome in real life and is a real showoff. He was being really cheeky in the stalls with his strapper. Plus he is a champion. 5 straight Group 1 wins?? Yes please.

2. samm

samm Gold Member

In the past I loved old Reckless.
    The "Goondiwindi Grey" Gunsynd.
    Huge admiration for horses such as Octaganol,the Diva and Might and Power.
    Apache Cat-love him ,he reminds me of Pud with all the white markings.

Local horses I loved Paddy Me Lad and strapped him often for Dennis.
    Have a huge soft spot for Exit Lane that my friend owns and who I'm getting for a hack.Little horse with a big heart .

Harness horses
    Pure Steel -what a champion.
    Village Kid- Well what can you say about Willy.25 years old and still thinks he's a 2 yr old :)

3. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

Past- Pharlap.. Who doesn't have Pharlap as there past favourite horse?!?! hehe

Present - Well the whole entire racing stables where I am are all my favourite.

But the one that defently stands out would have to be
    Sunovabeach - What an aaaaammazing horse he is, I can only dream that I can buy him when he finishs racing, even though I kind of have a chance too. He is such a cute funny character. I see him as the little 4year old that just everyone loves. The best thing about walking into the stables is hearing his ( and my own horse's! hehe ) neigh. I love it when you go to give him his feed and he tucks his head away and then when you get closer he looks as if to say 'Oh for me?' with his gorgeous eyes. I love how he has a dorky hair cut, but it is HIM. I just love him in general..
    He may not be the best but We love him and I couldn't imagine the stables without him.

Others would be:
    Cavalier way - he is so cute at the stables. He aswell has a really dorky forlock but he is so cute. His attitude to work is amazing. He has had a few wins aswell - bonus! hehe

Giho - He who is really a QH in disguise, is stunning. He will go far in the show world this horse.. He has had 2 wins in 2 weeks, such a top horse. Confident and just an amazing heart.

4. Newmarket

Newmarket Guest

Horses

Balestrini is my favourite

5. misskel

I meant to add in my original post that the Patchy Cat reminds me of a very cheeky welsh A!!!

And Phar Lap is also a fave. So many champions of so many eras. Tie The Knot. What a star!!

My favourite local horse would be Grand Turismo! He should have been with Louie from the start and god only knows what he could have been!!! Go the grand horse!

Newmarket....Balestrini has a new home now yay for Korilya.

6. BeLLa83

BeLLa83 New Member

does anyone remember mr innocent???

7. Ace

Ace Well-known Member

I have quite a few favourites- home grown heros- Willoughby, Rogan Josh (absolutely love his Melbourne cup win) Northerly and Crying Game

Other horses- Phar Lap of course, Makybe Diva, Sunline, Takeover Target- love the rags to riches stories

Harness Horses-
    Village Kid and
    Ivory Trader- a flame who burned out all to soon :(

Cheers

Bec

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  8. misskel

Mr Innocent was a top horse. Sprinter if I remember right. Did he go to stud???

9. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

PAST: Kingston Town and Might and Power

PRESENT: have to agree with misskel and say Apache Cat is a champ!!!**) I also love Rich and Wild

10. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Past: Comic Court and Think Big

Present: (well sort of) Makybe Diva and River Amos **)

11. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Past a Tbred that I owned, Torino.

GO!!! The Diva lol

12. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Edited so i am playing nice....

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  13. bubblez

bubblez Well-known Member

Pharlap of course! and the diva lol shes a champ!
    but i LOVE harness horses so much more!!!
    Village Kide and Purle Steel are champs
    and I LOVE Lombo Pocket Watch hes so gorgeous and a absolute darl and laugh to deal with LOL

14. BeLLa83

BeLLa83 New Member

mr innocent went to stud... i have one of his foals...
    the stud fee was $6500... my boy raced about 12 races (his name was the joke, born 2002)
    total dud on the track lol... so were the rest of his foals apparently...
    great pleasure horse though lol... picked him up for $300

15. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Giho! Giho! Giho! hehehe .. he won my heart :)

16. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

LOL yes- he wins everyones heart. He is a very good boy.

17. Coz

Coz Well-known Member

Past - all of them!
    Present - Local Legend... My first time at Ascot was his first race. I saw him as he was walking around the stalls before his race and really liked the look of him. Put $10 on him (I was about 12 at the time), and he won, was paying about $22 to win or something. Since then, I have never forgotten that beautiful chestnut. And keep an eye out for his races and what he is up to!

18. MinninupRoad

MinninupRoad Well-known Member

hmmm my favourite race horse would have to be my eventer :) he was born in france, he won the french prix omnium II and something else in france, he was a listed stakes winner, then he flew to hong kong and won the hong kong gold cup and the champion stayer award in 02, plus a whole heap of other stuff, then he came to australia to retire and i got him :) n he is a superstar, he has been through so much in his life, hes been over the world racing and then comes to oz in 04 n bless his little cotton socks he still tries his little heart out every single day!!!!

buttttt apache cat WILL be my next eventer:)* i love him, what an awesomely athletic horse, and so very cute!!!!!

19. mihu

mihu Active Member

I remember a horse that raced by the name of MISTER TILL, being a stallion he was shinning 24/7 and he loved the limelight, the only time he was unplaced he wouldn't go into the other mounting yard and would only go throught the 1st one. Sadly he never made it to stud dying before hand but will always remember him up at the races looking so nice. Gerry van eyk trained him down albany way.

20. Clever Jev

Clever Jev New Member

All time favourite of the past would have to be the great Super Impose...Locally, it was Clever Jev, another one out of The Ramsay stable...He was my boy! I too had the pleasure of strapping Paddy, strapped him for what was probably his biggest win, The Anniversary Cup :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008