Your favourite race finish

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Ace, Jul 25, 2007.

1. samm

samm Gold Member

Bonecrusher and Our Waverley Star(cant remember the race name).They went neck and neck for a hard 900 metres in a 1600 metre race.Was thrilling.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  2. Ace

Ace Well-known Member

Jez, unless I was a billionaire I dont think I would ever spend that amount of money on a untried horse, no matter what the bloodlines! Far too much risk involved for such a large amount of money.

Interesting theory, will have to keep an eye for some champion mares foals, definately insterested to see how Sunlines foal will go.

Cheers

Bec

3. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Ohh yeah sam that was a good one - cox plate early 80s...dispute as to who called the race some saying it was Bill Collins others saying it was Brian Martin but regardless of whoever called it they said.....

"and Bonecrusher races into equine immortality"

4. arabianluvva

arabianluvva New Member

It would have to be Bonecrusher and Our Waverly Star, a few years back now.... what a finish!!!:))

5. Satorii Lodge

Satorii Lodge Well-known Member

elite shadow and sunshine band in the 96 pacing cup final...he hit the front in the home straight ....didnt realise iwas pulling my hair till they crossed the line (ouch) he lost by about half a nose ...still brings tears to my eyes when i watch the replay...that one and when he beat norms daughter ...went past her like the was tied to the rail (he beat her each time he met her but that one was the best ....and not many horses can say that)not that im biased or anything (i trained him) oh and the mount eden sprint where he only just got beat by lucky camilla in 1:55:9...same time norms daughter ran to win the miracle mile