Your Choice of Top Boots

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by LeedaleLodgeChik, Sep 24, 2009.

1. LeedaleLodgeChik

LeedaleLodgeChik Well-known Member

what do you wear and would you go back to them how long did they take to come to you did you get made to measure etc
    im in the market for some new ones...
    :)

help would be greatly appreciated

2. kp

kp Well-known Member

My first pair of top boots were Ariats. Nice boots, lasted a long time until zip busted. Had them around 6yrs now and still polish up good. Went to uy another pair and just put them in the too hard basket. Couldn't give an approxiamate time for delivery, which really wasn't good enough considering I was looking at spending around the $1000.00 mark. Went with a made to measure pair of Konig's. They are great. Fit well (as they should), good quality, good service. Around three months for delivery.

3. pso

pso Gold Member

Cavallos
    On my 3rd pair...(I wear them everyday and at shows)
    pay a max of $300 on bEay...

If I was ever going made to measure, I'd probably go for Mous boots...guaranteed to fit ;)

4. LeedaleLodgeChik

LeedaleLodgeChik Well-known Member

i quite like the Sarm Hippigue boot garenteed at 4 to 6 weeks delivery made to measure if required etc its alot of money but i keep telling myself im not growing anymore and... they will last

5. intendeli

intendeli Well-known Member

hey PSO ...
    i heard those mous boots are really nice!

how did u know your cavallos were going to fit?

6. pso

pso Gold Member

They sure look comfy!...Better buy a lotto tic!:p

Int...measure legs...and measure boots...
    Any adjustments can be made when they get sent off to have zippers put in!

7. Jump Off

Jump Off Well-known Member

I have a pair of Hawkins lace up Field boots, they lasted me 10 years and I got them from HL for around $500. I competed in them and had lessons and clinics in them. I don't think they sell them anymore, I still have them in the shed, the only thing wrong with them is they have rubbed on the inside of the calf so that part is no longer black. :)

:))

8. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

I have a pair of Konig field boots from Germany. Fantastic boot very comfy. I have had them for 10 years and they still look great! **)

the are made to measure and cost a bit but well worth it IMO *#)

9. Cassy Horse

Cassy Horse Well-known Member

Derby Boots from Holland are awesome - all different styles, colours, diamontes, anything you want! :)

Evolution Equestrian imports them in, takes about 6 weeks, made to measure...

10. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

My first top boots were Hawkins made in the UK they are near on 20years old and I paid about $500 for those, the next pair I had made by Anastazi's, they have zips at the back and were $700, and my most recent pair are Petrie's and are for turnout only, got these off ebay for $150 :)

11. Happy Gambler

Happy Gambler Well-known Member

I have Cavallos for jumping but they have just about worn out so I have stopped wearing them as my feet were getting wet walking courses with dampened ground :eek:
    Have others for dressage, I cant remember what brand they are though but they lace up and were made in London. I had zips put in a few years after a got them after getting a fat ankle in a fall and could no longer get them on LOL
    If I was to get new again, I'd definately go laces and zips again :))

12. Gamby

Gamby Well-known Member

I have Petries which i really like, comfy to wear although i cant show in them due to a lovely company putting the zips on the inner leg when i asked for them at the rear :(. I had them removed but they are a little bumpy where they were patched up and annoying to ride in.

13. Cassy Horse

Cassy Horse Well-known Member

I think the man who does the Derby boots used to do the Petries but don't quote me on that! :)

14. Clerrt

Clerrt Well-known Member

I love ariats - though I've never got them made to measure. Miraculously, I found mine on the discount table at horseland and they were a perfect fit. Only down side is that they didn't come with a zip, so I have to wrestle them on :D

15. lucas and brad

lucas and brad Well-known Member

I just got some new top boots from England, they are verrrrrry nice. All leather. The only problem is, i cant where them for shows as im only competing on a 13.2hh at the moment hahahahha. I cant wait til my galloway is ready, then i'll get to wear my fancy boots!