Your 2009 show season highlight.....

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Pinto Lover, Nov 25, 2009.

1. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

so far this year i've only done one 'show' (soon to be two with the 2nd Second Chance show), but my highlight was the ARC closed gymkhana at the start of november.

anyone who knows me & the journey i've had with my horse would know why this just has to be the most awesome, amazing, fantastic highlight ever in the history of us:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    i'm laughing here cos i actually got to play around with asking for changes of pace rather than, well, being incapacitated by FEAR!

and this is the 2nd show highlight:
    [​IMG]
    champion walk trot novelties poneh on the mintest poneh in the world, TAZZIE!

3rd was winning 4th in best presented. this just does not happen. ever. we are too country!
    [​IMG]

2. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Lol great pic Coz, thankyou! **)
    Yep, 4 feet on the ground - YAY! :D

3. Coz

Coz Well-known Member

No probs :) got a few more of her that day, but they are a bit out of focus, or she doesnt have her ears forward

4. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Wow, so many awesome results, well done everyone. I guess my highlight would be actually getting out showing again after 13 months off due to baby. I've done 3 shows with my new pony mare who was as green as grass, un- shown and has had to learn everything from scratch. So three breed shows for 3 reserve champs, a champion and a supreme.

5. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Active Member

mine was getting res champ ridden riding pony at the perth royal on brooklee trendsetter
    and also getting top ten at SHc hoty wich i later found out that i got 5th overall and one of the judges gave me a thrid wich made it even better

6. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

Well...
    Where do I start?
    My highlights for the year have been plentiful and many of them not even from shows.. however.. we have done considerably well..
    Many of my fellow PC members believe I am a prize hog. hahah

So my 2009 show season highlights are these...
    Firstly, in August, Mocha and I competed in my first ever 'dressage day' at which I was ALSO riding my first Novice test ever.. as you can imagine I was a nervous wreck.
    But Mocha being the awesome horse he is, helped me through and much to my surprise we came out with:
    1st in my Prelim 1B with 74%
    1st in the Prelim 1C with 71%
    1st in my Novice 2B with 65%
    and also won the High Point Award.

PCAWA State Dressage Championships
    Mocha and I blitzed our Prelim/Novice freestyle test to come out with 74% and first place.
    I remember finishing my test, being soo happy about it but not expecting to place, we merely waited around for presentations as respect than the thought we were going to place haha
    [​IMG]
    Photo credit to Redfoto :)

And finally as our competition season was coming to a close, Mocha and I competed at the Margaret River Wine Region Dressage Spectacular. In the weeks before, we'd been having a LOT of problems with my competition nerves which were in turn making Mocha nervous and it was all a vicious circle.
    So we got the event, my nerves were as bad as ever. My first Prelim test was ok, a bit tense but decent and we got 64% and 3rd place.
    Then was our Freestyle, the very same that we rode at States. I was so nervous I was almost physically sick. We trotted in, halted and then it all went pear-shaped from there.
    So my Prelim freestyle looked more like a Large Tour test with the amount of one time changes, half pass and the MASSIVE extension instead of a lengthen haha.
    So we got 5th.. out of 5 hahahah with 54%
    So after battling my nerves again I went in for my Novice test and with the help of an amazing instructor in my warmup, I managed to do a LOVELY dressage test for 65% and 2nd place.
    We then had another lovely prelim test for 68% and another 2nd.
    We took out Champion Preliminary Associate and won a gorgeous woolen rug.
    Our prizes from the weekend..
    [​IMG]

But it wasn't the rugs or the ribbons or anything else that was my 2009 Show Season Highlight.. It was the fact that Mocha and I were faced with a challenge and we overcame it.

Sorry it was such a long winded story I just had to explain it all so you would understand :)

7. RPM

RPM Well-known Member

Great achievments everyone, some really lovely pics **)

We have had so many highlights this year but a few that stand out are

My daughter, Taylah and her pony Judaroo Panache, winning their first BIG leadrein show and winning a garland and then doing the same at the next BIG leadrein show.
    [​IMG]
    Photo credit Shooter Photographics

Kildaire Silver Chianti making us proud throughout the year again, winning Supreme at all her shows for the year, getting in TOP 5, TOP 3 and Runner up SOS at the breed shows. Taking out Grand Champion Small Horse Classic (3 years running) and Grand Champion Small Horse (3 years running) at this years MHAA State Show.
    And finally when she took out Supreme Small Horse, SOS Pony of the show and Grand Champion of the show against 44 other breeds at the Pinto Breed Show.
    No other miniature/small horse has ever acheived as many Grand Champions, SOS, TOP 5, TOP 3 and Runner Up as she has.

[​IMG]
    Phot credit Chris Ros

Wishing everyone a successful 2010 :))

8. eventkid1

eventkid1 Well-known Member

My highlight for this season wasnt to do with me riding but it was to do with my pony Neddy.
    He has been on lease to the most wonderful home for the whole year now and he has Jessie SOOO far! I cry ever time i see photos of my boy, he took Jessie to the Interschool nationals, WINNING the overall champion primary showjumping. I cannot say how incredibly proud i am! When this pony was a baby he was nearly sent to the knackers, told he would never be a childs pony, but he has proved himself to be otherwise!

Aside from that, probably doing my first 'A' grade ODE at Log Fence ODE. Maccy was amazing! Actually no, he was better then amazing. We went clear in showjumping, which we had never done previously. Although our dressage was not flash, and we did end up loosing, i have never smiled so much. I held my breath going into the last jump (a double) because i just had a feeling he was going to bash the jumps down, but he didnt. :)* I love my horses so much.

9. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Yarrabah Quarter Horses Well-known Member

Wow congrats everyone on super wins and placings its just the best feeling just to win a ribbon.

Well the highlights for us this year would be the achievements of Charlie's first born filly Y Rulez R Broken aka Zophia owned by Dayna and Mr T. I couldn't be more proud of the achievements you guys have earned and you have done me and our boy so proud, she is a gorgeous filly and and absolute credit to you guys.

Also would have to add that after 14 months from the show ring and in the middle of breeding season I am so proud of our stallion Coliban Rusty Rules aka Charlie on his awesome and laid back temperament being taken back out into the show pen and behaving like an absolute gentleman. No ribbons can give you that satisfaction, and to top it off he competed in the handy pony/horse class at Orange Grove for 4th place so proud of our boy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers

sue

10. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Zoo he is just a stunning looking man...well done:))

11. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

Well, my mares first show season with me (and only my third) was not too successful in the way of pretty ribbons or sashes, but none the less, I couln't be more proud of her.

My best achievement would have to be earning a finalist ribbon in the ridden mare class at the Arabian states. Only my mares second ridden show, and we had only started preparing for it three weeks earlier. I was also against the big names like Kristee Lee and Promise Me Brass (although they both beat me :D) and was so proud when my girl did well!

[​IMG]

And another was getting Reserve champion youth costume at the States

[​IMG]

12. Lexie

Lexie Well-known Member

Well done MA and Tiffy bear :)

13. mysticmoondancer04

mysticmoondancer04 Well-known Member

I would have to say my highlight for the season was yesterday!! lol I took my Pali pinto Part Welsh filly to her second show and she got

4 CHAMPIONS (Mare/Filly)
    Broken Coloured Dilute
    Pinto
    Pony Bred
    Open Pony Type

Then

SUPREME BROKEN COLOURED DILUTE
    SUPREME PONY BRED

Then

RUNNER UP SUPREME OF SUPREME :)*

I only got her about 6 months ago and she went from this (an unhandled 2 yr old)

[​IMG]

To this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am so proud of my little girl!! All in a space of 6 months she has been handled, clipped, show prepped, shown twice (so far) and taken it all in her stride. She will prob do the Dilute States then have a nice well deserved break.
    (Not bad for a swap for a Thoroughbred gelding**) )

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  14. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

what awesome before and after pics!! Well done- shows al lthe hard work you have put into her!! congratulations!!

15. ThatMakKid

ThatMakKid Active Member

My highlight hands down would have to be winning the Wooroloo FEI 3DE 1* class, it was my first 1* win and happened to be the best one i could've done!

Also more recently just making it around my first 2** course at Harvey because i know a few people had some doubts :) So proud of my boy.

16. buggalugs

buggalugs Well-known Member

honey whoever had doubts that you and mr trumpy couldnt make a 2* run are obviously on crack... lots of it

my highest point would have to be winning the A+series for PC... kinda a fluke but it was a great fluke at that :D hopefully next yr i wont have so many set backs and we can win a few events **)

17. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Active Member

my would have to be( theres 2)

1. Getting res. champion ridden riding pony at the perth royal show!and being placed in every class at the royal that i went in!
    2. getting top ten shc large pony of the year! pulling off the best lengthen that he has ever done for me! wich i later found out that we got 5th overall ( judge1 placed him 3rd, judge 2 placed him5, judge 3 placed him 6th) this was a wonderful thing for me as this time last year at this very show we went backwards around the arena!

18. Oakey Dokey

Oakey Dokey Active Member

ooo i have another one as of last sunday

oak got the 2009 wallangarra pony club HORSE OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!

WOOOOO HOOOO so proud of him

19. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Fantastic stories every one.

Mystic MD; those before and after shots are amazing, well done. And well done to everyone.

I think my season highlight would have to be:-

1. My daughter (7 yo) at her first show riding off the lead (yay no more lead rein) at Show Horse Council HOTY not only remembering her first work out but winning the Rider 3-8 Years; and whilst riding a strange pony. I think she was also very shocked when they called her forward.

2. Grace and Tulip also winning the HUGE Lead Rein Pony Class at the 2009 Perth Royal Show, as this was her last big Lead Rein Show. Funnily enough they placed 3rd in 2007, 2nd in 2008 and won the class in 2009 !!!

3. And my third highlight was taking our 2008 babies to the Perth Royal Show, who all did extremely well and looked magnificent. We haven't shown our babies at the Royal before, but it was well worth all the time, money and effort involved to get them there. I'm very proud of them all.

20. mysticmoondancer04

mysticmoondancer04 Well-known Member

Thanks Dollar and EC ... I am very proud oh her!! **)