Your 2009 show season highlight.....

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Pinto Lover, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Simbah

Simbah New Member

The best thing for this year was being able to lease the most wonderful horse ever. Thanks soooooooooooo much Sophie (and Harashee). You have taught me heaps:)

2. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Wow great achievements everyone **)

Haven't done alot of showing this year due to work but can say my moments are :-

on 8 February 2009 when Blitzen visited and took a little fat brown stb pony home to go on to compete at the second chance show in June and get 2nd rider, 4th best presented and Champ games was a very happy day for me on seeing her have so much fun and enjoyment.

[​IMG]

Next is to cross over into a different breed in November (thanks Bec1404) to hopefully have him compete at a higher level, have wanted this for a long time and just love this horse's fantastic laid back nature and smoochiness. And to meet a lovely new stockie in the process.

[​IMG]

3. Late Starter

Late Starter Well-known Member

Haven't made that many shows this year but I have 3 main highlights...

- Competing in my first ever competition... the walk/trot ring at the Perth hack show (where we won a number of firsts and champion which was a bonus) at the beginning of the year only about 6 weeks after buying Benny. This was a huge achievement for me as I had seriously thought about getting out of riding altogether (let alone competing AT ALL) due to an anxiety disorder.

- Competing in my first (and only so far) ODE at Wally and completing it... had intended just trotting the whole way round the XC course but by the first jump I was cantering and having so much fun!

- Staying on when Benny shied in the middle of my dressage test at the first Kelmscott Showman's and still coming first.

I am so proud of how far Benny and I have come with the help of my instructor Jess and the lady and friend where I agist. Despite the odd shy at those scary plastic bags, I am lucky enough to have found a horse that I feel safe on and can enjoy trail riding (and riding in general) with and can just have fun with. I love my Benny boy!**)

4. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

YAY Latestarter:)):)). I have to say I am so proud of you. I remember when you were suffering terribly with anxiety and Look at you go now. You have come through and challenged yourself, overcoming your fear and getting ribbons for your efforts is a HUGE bonus...YOU GO GIRL.....:)*
    Three cheers for your instructor and friends who have supported you.

5. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I really like this thread.
    WELL DONE everyone.

Bring on 2010 and I wish you all another happy and successful year of showing!

6. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

I agree. There is a great bunch of really talented horses and ponies in the stockyard corral.

And an even greater bunch of talented people to go with them. **):D

7. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

8. Amen to that Arnie!:p
    Congrats to all of you!:)*

9. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

My little Breeze, Antyk Breeze when only seven days old, left her dams side, walked purposfully across her yard, nuzzled and gave me kisses and spoke to me and said..
    "you will take me home"

I laughed it off, she wasnt for sale, I needed another horse like I needed a virus. I flipantly said to her breeder Audry that if you ever decide to sell her then I want first option.

Thought nothing more of it until Audrey advised me that she had made the decision to put Breeze up for sale.

So we paid her off, went to pick her up, and through no fault of her own had her try to climb out of the float due to my other Mare being a troll.

Owned the filly 5 mins and Ive taken fur of her already, Audrey was however fantastic, if it been the other way around I would have given the money back and sent me home with out the horse lol.

But after a rough start her first show was Katanning ag and she went Supreme Heavy Horse and took out the handler class

Second show was Albany ag, against a very strong turnout she went reserve champion Friesian Warmblood.

And Breeze, despite all that, the horse loves me, calls to me, trys her heart out to please me, stands in the line up falling asleep with her soft nose under my tuck shop arms.

Im so very very happy to have the privelage of owning this ripper filly.

Thanks Audrey.

[​IMG]

Giving me loves

[​IMG]

10. Abes Mum

Abes Mum New Member

My biggest highlight (a couple actually) was winning my first garland at the WAPA state Champs in Sporting/appendix division... i almost cried.

then with SHanny leading Abe they got Runner up at Color breed show in March and then my most biggest highlight was getting supreme of SUpreme pony at the Anzac show with Shanny leading. it was such a suprise but a lovely one.

well done to everyones highlight be it ribboned or that special achievement of getting back to riding :))

11. Jocko

Jocko Well-known Member

For me it was winning the progeny class at this years state show(huge class)so proud of my boy for producing so wonderful babies.Also very grateful for such a wonderful job Admiral has done with Roy over the passed year he has had a successful year.
    Fav show pics
    [​IMG]Photo credit Coz

[​IMG]photo credit Rosebrook park
    Haven't got any show pics of my filly.Thanks to Coz i now have a lovely headshot of my filly.
    [​IMG]
    And one with Pinto1980 who did a wonderful job
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  12. Topklass

Topklass Well-known Member

Best: Duke (Glenwood Park Exclamation aka spunky pony)winning Supreme Pinto at the Royal for the second year running (YAY) as well as winning Supreme Of Show at Waroona Ag & Orange Grove.
    Duke's first Pinto foal in WA, Midas Duke of York, a spunky BIG bay tobiano colt out of ACE mare Rockview Jamie Lee, should mature about 15.3h.
    Worst: Bell being injured and missing the Royal. Luckily she came good for the State Show and went Champion mare even with a massive joint. She's retired now and in foal.
    Best to come: Bell's foal by Duke and a small Pinto "suprise" arriving shortly!

13. Oakey Dokey

Oakey Dokey Active Member

mine was winning the c grade series at wally with oak and winning our very first rug!!! wooo

14. fuddles

fuddles Well-known Member

my highlite is nothing to do with showing.

l have finally learnt to jump with my eyes open :)) l can now jump 60cm and l am actually enjoying jumping it no longer terrifies me :)*

tho showing wise his done fine for a horse who rarely gets shown now :D

wapa champs hi point gelding plus champ ridden

dilute champs the hi point of the show and champ ridden

we didnt enter the royal this year, so 2 important wins out of 2 with 2 different riders

15. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

Mine would have to be winning...

Runner-Up Large Hack of The Year with George...:)

16. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Hehehe.... ;)
    Now people can read it's NOT MINE arriving!! :D :p

17. Coz

Coz Well-known Member

Hi Remaani, just been looking through the photos I took at states, and just thought I would share this one of you and Tinka Tonka. It is as though she is saying "am I doing it right Mum? are all my hooves supposed to be on the ground like this?"

[​IMG]

18. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

I have heaps of highlights with my horse. here a few of them.

One of them, was jumping him the highest we have ever jumped.
    [​IMG]

Getting the most amazing photo ever. Makes me smile everytime I have see it.
    [​IMG]

And being able to do a pretty good dressage test.
    [​IMG]

19. Zizzle

Zizzle New Member

mine was winning champion small pony at the royal with cabaret for the last time, and winning champion show hunter galloway and champion ridden welsh with ozzy :)

20. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

omg, new favourite stockies horse & rider combo. need moar piccies plz#@!@#!@# asap! stat!