Your 2009 show season highlight.....

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Pinto Lover, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Pinto Lover

Pinto Lover Well-known Member

With the 2009 season drawing to an end, let's have a quick flash back of your best show highlight......

Mine would of been when my 10yr old daughter won her 1st Garland with her Foundy Pony Equus Park Rain Cloud AKA Sprite at our 2009 Feature Show back in March, her face was just priceless & we both shed a few tear's together. Another was Sandy Edge winning 2009 High Point Stud, also our Small Horse Filly Wildflower Shameless Love taking out High Point Miniature of the Show. 1st show back for Bridale Allura AKA Ali Poo`z, after becoming a Mum she took of GRAND CHAMPION PINTO 10.2hh's & under as the 2009 Pinto States, this girl is my pride & joy. OK so that was 4, whoops..... That is our best highlight's for 2009.

Not in the show ring, was the birth of our 1st bred miniature colt Sandy Edge Bound for Glory AKA BJ........

2. abararka

abararka Well-known Member

mine is yet to come in either 2 or 3 weeks time. i'll post then. lol.

3. Pink Sapphire

Pink Sapphire Well-known Member

What a fantastic season PL, congrats to you and your daughter!

Ours may not be a huge acheivement to alot of people but ive only ever shown for 2 seasons due to having my son so consider myself a complete novice still. I had my fingers crossed we would win a supreme this season as we havent won one before. Well last month it happened :) and to make it a million times more special for us it was with our first homebred foal Bella.
    She won Supreme Buckskin Exhibit at the Pinjarra All Breeds against some lovely "big" horses a very proud moment for us. We love our girl to bits and she has done so great for us this season bringing home a heap of sashes. Such a thrill showing a pony you have bred yourself we just enjoy being out and about with her but to do well too has made us very proud owners indeed :)

Our baby "Timberline Diamond Doll" aka Bella
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  4. stormie

stormie Well-known Member

well my highlight of the year was winning Supreme at the royal

5. Dontey464554

Dontey464554 Active Member

My 2009 highlight was accually getting to do any show on my new horse and to see how far he had come since having him at the beginning of March. And getting to my first Perth show **)

6. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I have two highlights as well :)

First was winning Grand Champion Dilute, Runner up 3yo and Runner up Supreme of Supremes at Bibs and Booties in May with Diva. Ending up with 2 lovely garlands, a rosette and several lovely sashes, as well as a brilliant diamante and pearl browband!

Then to top that winning Champion Ridden Palomino at Perth Royal again with Diva. Particularly as I came very close not to going as Diva still had her winter coat (still does although it is nearly out :p ) and I managed to be very sick the day before. It was her second ridden outing and she is green as grass still and not only did she win but she behaved soooo well :)*

Still one more show for us for the year in 2 weekends time, then Diva gets a well earned break :)

7. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Aww PS that is so awsome, when one of your own bred babies does you so proud...

The highlights of my Year (I have a few lol)

- Winnie got top 10 out of 30 horses in a dressage test.
    - We jumped for the first time ever and placed third in the series
    - We did our first ever Ag show and got Reserve Champion
    - Winnie got Reserve Champion at Gosnells out of a good number of nice horses I was stoked.
    - and Lastly he placed in his age Class at the States with also some nice horses in the ring

He has matured into a nice young man and I am proud...

I would love to win a supreme or a Garland one day but if I don't I still love my boy to bits.

Our show season is finished now, 2010 is going to be focused on ARC and ridden shows no matter how messy it looks. Breed Shows are taking a back burner in 2010. (Except the 3 Arab shows of course)

8. himitsu

himitsu Well-known Member

Mitavite FEI Young Rider Challenge - winning both the champion horse and champion rider in the Derby!!!

[​IMG]

And the Abrolhos Peal Dressage Championships in Geraldton - just because it was a very fun weekend and my pony did so well :)
    [​IMG]

Actually just having the ride on this very special man was a highlight in itself, gosh i am lucky he is a super horse!
    [​IMG]

Go team ranga! hehe

9. maxntaz

maxntaz Well-known Member

Mine hasnt been winning ribbons... but I have had some very successful lessons this year and taz has really come along this year, and i think my riding has too. Hopefully next year we will get into the show ring and maybe win a ribbon (or get one for trying LOL)...

Oh and I did and endurance ride (albeit 20kms) but i had never done it before and i really enjoyed it. It was nice to try out a differen equine discipline!

So yeah no ribbons for me but Im still pleased with how things have gone!

10. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Maxntaz, I would love to ride a 20km endurance ride. Achievements in the year don't have to come with ribbons....well done:p**)

Himitsu...Congratulations, what an amazing looking team you are.

11. CJR

CJR Well-known Member

Max you should be really proud, from your first lesson you and Taz have come ahead in leaps and bounds!!

Well done everyone..

12. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

My highlights...

Going to my first ever WAAHA show, with my first ever p/b arab and taking out supreme senior arabian !!!
    that has been and always will be the highlight of my show career! as I didn't buy Midas for showing... but after that I was hooked lol :p

Winning State champ halter horse... BUT the fact that he went for his first BIG ridden show and BEAHAVED, DID EVERTHING THAT WAS ASKED OF HIM... and got placed in massive line up of well and truely seasoned ridden show horses... was fantasic too!!!

OH and I forgot Little Duke... He just blows me away that guy, Took him to states and even though he didn't get a ribbon he was a winner to me, he took everything like a pro!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Agreed Maree4 :)* With the Royal the biggest thrill was how she behaved, the ribbon was just the icing on the cake :)*

Maybe we will join you for an endurance ride next year **) Diva and I have so far tried breed halter and ridden, dressage, will give team penning a go this weekend (albeit training not competition) and will start jumping next year - so endurance sounds like a plan as well *#)

14. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

Himitsu, you should take him to Arab shows :)*

15. himitsu

midas - looked into it but he is still rego'd with breeder and i dont have her contact details anymore :(

16. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

you could always enter him under her name ;)

He would do great!!! He's such a pretty boy! Go the Rangas!!!!:p

17. himitsu

he did very well in halter as a youngster. but i thought owner would have to sign entry?

18. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

Sent you a PM:)

19. maxntaz

Definately give one ago hey! I had great fun, and they were really helpful, in letting me know the rules and stuff... Taz loved it too as it was something completely different for us.

20. maxntaz

You are too nice to me Mrs Mac!! xx