Young Horse Qualifier

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by nannygoat, Sep 27, 2009.

1. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

How do they judge 1 in a class then?? Do you have to get a certain % to qualify?? Shame there wasnt a bigger turnout (or is that good for WA??)......I have to wait a few years for any of mine to be old enough....cant wait..love the Palomino,very nice**)

2. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

i was there for the mare challenge i didnt run out due to my leg but i prepared ruby and i couldnt be happier with how she is looking atm cant wait for states in a few weeks
    saw your horse babe was drooling over your boy when u were in presentations
    well done to hg aswell your little mare is awsome cant wait to see her out and about

was a great turn out for the mare challenge didnt expect to see that many mares there was fantastic
    oh smiley did u get any pics of number 12 in the mare challenge?? liver chestnut with a man leading her i thought it was u i kept looking at u but was too shy to say hello i was the one hobbling around with my 'moon boot' on lol

3. Spring

Spring Active Member

Not huge numbers but at least its a start. With the WA Horseland Young Horse and the Indoors clashing this year we were in desperate need of another qualifier. Thanks to the hard work of the organisers this was possible.

Yes they do need a certain % to qualify for the Nationals. :)

Looking forward to seeing yours out**)

4. biscay

biscay Well-known Member

WoW well done everyone,

and PSO WHOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

5. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Hi Tammy!
    I saw someone in a space boot! You poor thing!
    Sorry, I didnt get any pics, was helping to get Lana ready at this stage I think ;)
    There was another photographer there tho so I am sure they got her :)

6. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

:eek: I can't believe I forgot to say in my last post - a HUGE thank you to Smiley for helping me yesterday! **)

7. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Wow! You all have stunning young horses - I am looking forward to seeing them go up the grades **) .

8. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Thanks Primrose! :D

I realised when we were at the presentations that I was in a sea of dark BIG horses ;) And here I was sitting there on my gangly pallie.....lol.....had a giggle to myself:p

9. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Thanks to you too Tammy :) My poor boy could hardly keep his eyes open at the presentations:eek: Was very nicely run and the lady on the mike was lovely when she told everyone to clap inwards...lol

10. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

Babe, your boy is far from gangly - he is just gorgeous!!! ;)

11. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Aww shucks:eek: Thanks SMR...you are too lovely!

12. Happy Gambler

Happy Gambler Well-known Member

Well done PSO, Spring, SMR & Babe! Had a fun day with baby horse who was super well behaved again, shame she can't be that good at home of late PMSL!
    Thanks for piccie too Brooke, was good to catch up again :)
    And thanks for Tammy for in-hand advice! Its definately not my thing LOL

Just wanted to say how well everyone rode in the warmup arena with young and inexperienced horses, I was so impressed, it was better than any normal show! **)

13. princeton

princeton Well-known Member

Well done to you all!!:)):)*

And wowie.....little Dodo has CERTAINLY grown up**)

14. pso

pso Gold Member

I agree- It was incredible! Everyone watched where they were going, and gave each other lots of room- I was also very impressed!

tehe- U must be thinking of someone else?!- He was NEVER little!!!

Unfortunately this will be an ongoing problem...The Horseland Young Horse finals will be clashing with the indoors for a good few years#(
    Lets just hope that SVDA continues to run qualifiers (they are running another one in Feb), and we can all use these as an alternative...**)

15. Spring

Spring Active Member

Shame PSO if that's the case then one of the two events will suffer greatly #(

16. pso

pso Gold Member

Certainly will...#(#(

17. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

i guess there must be a reason but why cant they move one of the shows to another date??seems a real shame

18. pso

pso Gold Member

Not economically viable to run them seperately (as ES judges are needed for both, and arena hire is expensive) and manpower is short.

19. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

But havent they got the Associates on the same weekend too?? All 3 events seem a lot to me for one weekend.

20. pso

pso Gold Member

Yep- Associate champs are on too...

Need as many horses as possible on one weekend to make it worthwhile...:}