Young Event Horse?

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Paddys girl, May 20, 2010.

1. Paddys girl

Paddys girl Well-known Member

Does anyone have any details for this show?

2. Paddys girl

bump bump bump

3. Happy Gambler

Happy Gambler Well-known Member

The last couple of years it has been run in October alongside the Eventing GP. No idea about this year yet, sorry! :}

4. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Could someone tell me the conditions/how it works/what it's all about? It sounds intriguing :D

Or if there's a handy link, that'd be great too **)

5. PELLY20

PELLY20 Active Member

You do a dressage test then straight into a show jumping round then straight out to a few x country jumps these are all judged then I think its the top 6 in each class have to do the gallop. My daughter did it last year and had a ball

6. Stormy

Stormy Well-known Member

there is also a vet inspection where you have to trot the horse up after the cross country part. so all gear besides bridle is removed, you have to stand them up then trot to a certain part turn around and trot back

7. Nickelodeon

Thanks Pelly **)

I more meant what are the "rules and regulations" etc though - ie. what the horse's age and previous experience is allowed to be...

8. Stormy

Stormy Well-known Member

experience doesn't matter.

it is in age groups
    horses 4 and 5 years
    horses 6 and 7 years
    ponies i think they are just 7 and under though the more ponies that start to come they may break it down a bit

i would ring the organisers when it comes out but last year it was the horses age as at the 1 of jan

9. Anna_Smiler

Anna_Smiler Well-known Member

oooo this sounds awesome! il def enter it in october if im free :) well il give it a try anyways!

fingers crossed they run it!

10. Nickelodeon

LOL! I was going to mention it to you! Thought it was ideal for little Ashman **) Maybe I'll join you too, things depending... ;)

11. Anna_Smiler

we can do it together!!!!:)*

12. Paddys girl

just had someone I know asking if I was going and she gave me the impression she'd already entered and it sounded soonish? Must just be well organised :)

13. Anna_Smiler

:eek:
    :eek: already? i havent seen it advertised anywhere? last years was held in october?

14. SaddleClubber

SaddleClubber Active Member

yea im pretty sure its around that time every year...

am aiming to have my new one running in the 6&7 years...
    also have my good boy in the gp... hopefully will turn out better for me than last year#(

the trot up is just assessing the conformation of the horse and its suitability to be the next big eventing superstar

they dont have to perform terribly well, just move nicely, be relatively well behaved and show jumping/x-country potential.

its a really good day and the gp is very entertaining cos its done against the clock :D

15. Eliva Park

Eliva Park New Member

Young event horse

does anyone know who the organisers are?

16. SaddleClubber

SaddleClubber Active Member

its held at brookleigh so maybe ring them??

otherwise id say its prolly run by the EA

17. Stormy

Stormy Well-known Member

last year Nadine Bennet took entries before that Julie Isbister did, i don't think the EFA has a lot to do with the actual running of it

18. kayash

kayash New Member

Would Eventing WA know anything about it?