Young Event Horse

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by madcow, Sep 17, 2008.

1. madcow

madcow Guest

Anyone know where the rules could be located relating to The Young Event Horse Competition?

There is limited info in the handbook and just want to check a few things. Or does anyone know if for Age in eventing they go by the 1st August or actual date of foaling? The dressage/Breed and hack people use 1st Aug but I think eventing might be different?

:))

2. jacksta

jacksta Active Member

according to the efa website calander where u get the entry forms, the classes for the young event horse are based on the horses age at January 1st. Hope that helps..i cant seem to find much more info on it either! the entry forms have a tiny bit more info, if you havent already looked at them :)*

3. madcow

madcow Guest

ooh thanks for that. I'll go have a look now.....we might have an extra year up our sleeves to learn how to jump?

4. pso

pso Gold Member

Isnt the Event horse a split age class anyhow?
    4/5yos, and 6/7yos?
    or has it been changed?

(so you will be in the same class next year anyhow?)

5. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Yep pso ... thats how the age groups are split this year.

Bummer .... I didn't realise this was on on that w/e and I'm away in the UK :( . Anyone want to ride my pony? :eek:

6. madcow

madcow Guest

Not sure how big this event is etc as I no nothing about eventing.

Looks like excellent judges for this year though:)

Think new plan might be to do 4/5 yr old class next year. At least that gives the poor pony more than a few weeks to learn how to jump anyway LOL.

Springbok If you really want your horse to go I can offer to take your place in the UK for you if you want?! No need to thank me....I'm just that kind of person*#)

7. pso

pso Gold Member

Its more biggerer than the young dressage horse...and alot more horses are involved...
    Who's judging this year? mine can learn to jump in 2 weeks!*#)

8. Stormy

Stormy Well-known Member

do you know when close of entries are?

9. springbok

Harry Bolt and Wayne Roycroft are pso.

10. pso

pso Gold Member

darn...they will be able to pick a dressage horse in disguise....*#) ;)

whoa...is there a typo in the entry form...says 6/7yos will be jumping 1.5m.....eek!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  11. intendeli

intendeli Well-known Member

i was just thinking the same thing PSO -- but then realised that my mare is too old anyways ...

and my young guy is out of action for abit, due to a rather large bump on his leg , he would have been fab in it too -- maybe next year tho!

was actually thinking of taking my mare around brookleigh for something different -- do u think that is a little stupid?

12. pso

pso Gold Member

not at all!**)

variety is good for them! But I'm not convinced I'll join you...those xc fences look scary!:p

13. intendeli

intendeli Well-known Member

ok -- since you said so :) and the little teeny weeny intro 2 ones arent too scary .....

14. Paddys girl

Paddys girl Well-known Member

I don't have a horse eligable this year but can't wait to go to next years!!!

Can someone post the details here? I'd love to go watch.

15. springbok

Hey PD - here are the details :) .

11th of October at Brookleigh Equestrian Estate
    Guest Judges: Mr Wayne Roycroft & Mr Harry Boldt. Classes: (Birthdate as at January 1st) 4&5 years, 6&7 years and Pony 14.2hh and under up to and including 7 years. Horses and Ponies may be competing at any level. Also featuring "Joolz Design" Eventing Grand Prix 1* level to be run in the afternoon.

Since the Eventing Grand Prix is on in the afternoon so might be worth making a day of it :D . I did the Grand Prix last year and it was really good fun - very good watching!

... and ... how about no madcow :p :p

16. Paddys girl

Paddys girl Well-known Member

Thank you!!!!

17. Spring

Spring Active Member

My new boy was going until I read the 'January 1st bit...lol) seems he has a extra year up his sleeve to practice now which is good! It is a shame that they dont do the same with the young dressage horse as my boys have to compete as three year old's against the four year old's :-(...lucky it wasnt an issue for the black beast last year :)

18. LeedaleLodgeChik

LeedaleLodgeChik Well-known Member

WELL LOOK AT THAT
    guy is a candidate :p
    lol
    i can do it for once
    OMG SARA YOU CANT GO AWAY!!!!!!!
    :(
    you like soo have to ride its not funny *cry cry* i think your horse would kick ass

19. naughtydog63

naughtydog63 Well-known Member

Lol,I'll take Rosco if it's only jumping :p If it's dressage I may think otherwise!! lmao. <3 rosco pony.

20. Stormy

Stormy Well-known Member

1st of january makes smiley still 5 instead of only just 6