Young Event Horse-Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by LeedaleLodgeChik, Oct 6, 2008.

1. LeedaleLodgeChik

LeedaleLodgeChik Well-known Member

i dont know if there is a thread already, if so call me blind i do remember one being put on but it was ages ago....
    who is going this weekend??
    and is there any draws up yet?

i will be on guy in the 6 and 7 yr category and seb will be doing the grand prix :p
    and i have no idea what i really have to do for both but im sure Sonja will tell me tomoz:)*

2. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

i wish i was doing it my boy turned 8 this yr haha bugger im gonna get myself a young horse lol
    goodluck on ur 2 you'll do great i love ur horses

3. LeedaleLodgeChik

yeah guy just turned 8 but it is the age at the start of janurary 1st or something:)

4. LeedaleLodgeChik

*BUMP*

am i versing myself ?? *#)
    that would be sweet i must say :D

5. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

oh really i must not of read that part haha neways hes not up to the grand prix level haha

6. LeedaleLodgeChik

:)) yeah the grand prix is a totally seperate event. making it so much easier between my two boys

7. horsegirlmel

horsegirlmel New Member

i was speaking to a few people on the weekend and i think the Grand Prix has large entries

most of the 2 and 3 star people like Michael, Sonya, Belinda and Laurelle are running - i heard sonya was running her good chestnut which will be interesting

and a lot of the 1 star horses i know Tim has 2 in etc

so i think it will be great fun watching hope i can get up their!!

8. Lovemyhorse

Lovemyhorse New Member

is that on this SAt?

i wnet last year and watched and it was great fun

i think i might have to try and come down

to watch Sonya, Laurelle, Tim and Michael and thru in some of those gun young riders

all going to be the fastest across the course

that will be good to watch!!!

9. buggalugs

buggalugs Well-known Member

is it really as of the 1st? spitting it! i would have loved to take my big guy :( oh well... maybe in a few years when i breed one hahaha
    good luck liz... i didnt see you on the wkend - i saw you scratched...

10. Stormy

Stormy Well-known Member

i will be there liz. as it is the january 1 smiley is only 5, mum will have lurch there aswell.

will have peta there next year - i could have taken her this year but she hasn't had the work especially at 95cm jumping.

11. LeedaleLodgeChik

heard on the grape vine about 7 entries for 4/5 year olds and 15 entries for 7/8 year olds yew
    grand prix is going to be wikid fun im just taking it easy but. lol. for once

12. Stormy

Stormy Well-known Member

that's more than last year i think - they only had 4 in the 4/5 year olds i think

you showjumping on sunday liz?

13. lucas and brad

lucas and brad Well-known Member

This is a bit random but what is this event?
    I've never heard of it before?
    thanks
    sophie.

14. LeedaleLodgeChik

no im not jac.... too much for me i mat come up and watch but :)

ok this event is where eastern state judges come over and judge west australia's young event horses they are in two categories we have 4/5 yr olds and 6/7 yr olds they have to complete a ridden workout (like a dressage test) then immediatly do 6 sj fences and 6 xc fences the 4/5 do 90 cm and the 6/7 do 1.5m then the top 6 horses with the highest marks proceed to do another event this is a gallop i think to see which horse has the best world class three day event horse type and blah blah

the grand prix is set at 1*/2* height your choice which one. you have to complete the course i dont know how many jumps in the best time possible without knocking if a rail on a sj or a xc fence falls then 4 secs will be added to your end time not 4 penalties

i hope that explains it enough:D

15. Yep I've entered my 4yo in the 4/5 class but he's so green so at least we've got the next few years to keep coming back!

16. LeedaleLodgeChik

YAY another entry not against me but YAY:)*

17. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

WOW, sounds very exciting!

Best of luck to everyone competing!**)

18. LeedaleLodgeChik

i want the draws *#)

19. Stormy

Stormy Well-known Member